New driver insurance - UK

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireThomas2000

I have owned a Nissan Leaf for about 3-4 years. All good. However my daughter recently passed her driving test. I was hoping to buy her new driver insurance but the market leader in the UK, I believe, Marmalade, has a policy of not insuring any electric vehicles. They don't state this upfront and you go all through their forms, get to a page which says "we can't insure you", you phone up to find out why and then you discover this policy. My daughter is away at university during term time and would only use the car during holidays. Ideally I would buy her a metered 500 mile policy with a black box. Does anyone know which insurers are not discriminating against electric car owners/drivers in this way who might provide this cover. (Yes I can go back to my main insurance provider but they charge me admin fee each time I add or remove anyone from the policy and it is also super expensive). All/any suggestions welcome. Thanks Claire

My daughter has just passed her test and we are having the same problem with our leaf - did you manage to find any insurance for your daughter? Can you recommend any

Back