New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very kewl at Logan. How long will they let you park there? Say I was going away for a week, can I park there till I return?

Just got back Friday from vacation through Logan parked ice in economy
Nice to know EVplugs available :)

Would be frantic catching a flight if spot not available
Also would seem silly to "hog a spot " all week If one
Needed only a few hours to charge?

I was at my local Nissan dealer this afternoon. I learned their first customer LEAF was being delivered as we were talking to our sales person. I had to go over and congratulate the buyer. I had my LEAF shirt on so he didn't think I was just some crazy person. :lol:

Yesterday, February 3rd the 1st Nissan Leaf in Connecticut got totaled in an accident in CT.
A 18 wheeler gas delivery truck plowed into the leaf which plowed into another vehicle then that vehicle plowed into another. The driver is recovering.
Ironic that the first Nissan Leaf sold in CT was taken out by a gas delivery truck.
The Leaf had about 900 miles on it and was about 4 weeks old.
Can send pics if interested.

2012 Nissan Leaf SL Clacial Pearl (Totaled, out of commisssion)

Thats terrible! Are you the owner? I would be interested in pictures. I am curious how it held up.

My Leaf is supposed to be delivered this Thursday so I am very excited! I don't plan on driving it much through the winter though, I have a mkiii jetta that I am driving until the salt goes away.

Last night we went to the Chilis restaurant in auburn MA to be the first electric car to plug in at their free chargepoint station. My car never got so much attention! Once people saw it plugged in they started coming over to ask the usual questions. The manager and gm were happy to see it being used. Some other Chilis locations have them as well such as plainville MA.
I'll post a picture soon.

I'm seriously thinking of getting protective film put on the bumper, hood, mirrors, charge port, headlights and rear bumper near the hatch. We have 3M film on my wife's eclipse and it has made a huge difference in protecting the paint. Thinking about using Protective Solutions, Inc from holliston MA. They use a product called Expel. Anyone had any experience with the product or that installer? Cost is probably going to be about $500.

ghabel said:
Last night we went to the Chilis restaurant in auburn MA to be the first electric car to plug in at their free chargepoint station. My car never got so much attention! Once people saw it plugged in they started coming over to ask the usual questions. The manager and gm were happy to see it being used. Some other Chilis locations have them as well such as plainville MA.
I don't see any of those showing up in the charge point iPhone app. How often does charge pony update?

essaunders said:
ghabel said:
I don't see any of those showing up in the charge point iPhone app. How often does charge pony update?

Are you referring to the http://www.mychargepoint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site or the Nissan site? Carwings does not show it for sure.

essaunders said:
The charge point app for iPhone only shows a couple of locations in worcester but nothing in auburn.

Strange, the website definitely has them.
I have the IPhone app on my IPAD and I can see the Chilis in Auburn, MA. On route 20, west of Auburn center.
Try clicking on the upper right "Globe" symbol. It then updates all station status in the US.

Oh - and check your Advanced settings. There are filters in there. Make sure the only the Status of "Future/Unreachable" is green. All the others should be set to dark green. Hitting the Reset also does this. Then hit ok.

Hummmm I could drive there. But a 6 hour meal at Chilis just to charge enough to get home? It's enough to wish for a 6.6kw charger. I wonder if I could make a dc quick charger that pulls power from two j1772 30am ports.....

I see Chilis in Leominster has charge point too. I might be able make it that one without stretching.

The Chili's in Westford has one as well. I just got my chargepoint card in the mail today so I'll actually be able to use some of these "public" chargers.

The plugshare website seems to show more charge point locations than the chargepoint website.

Back