New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised the link to my employers online site with my interview.
http://www.umassmed.edu/Growing_Green/Newsletter/March2012/Doing_Their_Part.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice write up.

speaking of Shrewsbury - I really thing MA needs a CHADEMO around you - perhaps in Auburn at the 90/390/290 intersection. Any chance you have contacts?

essaunders said:
Nice write up.

speaking of Shrewsbury - I really thing MA needs a CHADEMO around you - perhaps in Auburn at the 90/390/290 intersection. Any chance you have contacts?

That would be awesome. No contacts I know of in the state.....yet.

Nice article. My wife also works at UMass Medical We were hoping that they would put some charging stations/reserved parking in one of the garages on the main campus.

NOGASHOLE said:
Nice article. My wife also works at UMass Medical We were hoping that they would put some charging stations/reserved parking in one of the garages on the main campus.

At the meeting I attended they said there will definitely be at least 1 charging station in the to be built new garage.

jimcmorr said:
When folks, you come in contact with, tell you that most electricity is generated from coal. If you charge your LEAF in New Hampshire you can tell them that your LEAF is 44% nuclear powered! :eek:

Check this link out to see what your state uses to generate electricity if you aren't in NH.

http://instituteforenergyresearch.org/states/

Jim,
What year is this data from? It lists a gas price of $2.70 per gallon.

This National Grid disclosure label for Massachusetts shows a significantly different balance of power sources than the IFER website. Granted National Grid only provides power to a portion of the state, but the discrepancies are pretty drastic. https://www.nationalgridus.com/masselectric/non_html/Mass_Nantucket_Basic_Disclosure_02-2012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I actually looked for some information relative to the time frame on that web site but I couldn't find any. Though, I think it was from 2009 or 2010. And I was a bit surprised by that gasoline price seemed rather low but I think I remember in 2009 in the fall it was that low for a very short time. I have a similar chart for 2007 where the neuclear part was 54%.

My point was that NH produces only a small amount of electricity from coal which some folks seem to feel is the only way we get electricity. Though, in Georgia coal is the majority source.

ghabel said:
As promised the link to my employers online site with my interview.
http://www.umassmed.edu/Growing_Green/Newsletter/March2012/Doing_Their_Part.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VERY nice write up Greg. You made all the points to allay the fear of the unknown.
I hope they will "go GREEN" by adding some chargers to the parking lots for you and the others. ;)

I work at a Medical Center in Maine and got blank stares when I asked about plugs.
I do not need it as I have VOLT and 10 mile commute but it would be nice to have 10-20 spots reserved for trickle charge at least
for those that may have a LEAF and a 35 mile commute in the snow.

You kinda wanta slap people and show them the prices at the pump! Wake up people we have ALTERNATIVES now. :shock:

deimos909 said:
Well.. looks like I'll be getting my leaf in the next week or so, according to the web site. :D

Awesome!

After being on vacation for a week and not driving, it was a pleasure to drive the LEAF again. I love how quiet, smooth, and a pleasure to drive it is. Riding in ICEs for my vacation week reminded me how much I enjoy my LEAF.

My wife and I charged for 2 hours free at the Worcester Union Station parking garage and got free parking after eating at Luciano's restaurant at the station. There is also a middle eastern restaurant at the station. Life is good, dig in!

Picked up my LEAF from Nissan of Keene tonight! :D It was after dark by the time we got home so it is safely tucked away in my garage right now. Still have more to learn about it. But that will come in time I'm sure!

jimcmorr said:
Picked up my LEAF from Nissan of Keene tonight! :D It was after dark by the time we got home so it is safely tucked away in my garage right now. Still have more to learn about it. But that will come in time I'm sure!

Congrats Jim!

We were at the Nissan dealership last night going over more on the LEAF. Our sales guy told us that they were expecting 3 orphans to be delivered to the lot with in the next 4 weeks. Call Ken G at the Keene Nissan, if you are interested... tell him Jim sent you. (He will know who I am.) :D

Just saw my first LEAF in the wild outside of CA. A red LEAF in Lexington MA. Too bad I was blending in with the locals - in my Prius.....

NOGASHOLE said:
Plugshare.com is showing a level 3 charger in North Attleboro, MA. Has anybody been to this unit?

It's at Northern Lights Electric - they also sell/install charging stations: http://www.northernlightselectric.com/products.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I sent them an email to confirm they have a 480 v DC outlet. If they do, I have a new place to visit!

Here's the reply I got:

Good Morning Greg & Tracey

Unfortunately this unit is only 240 volt, we are unable to achieve 480v in this residential neighborhood
Our charger is free for our customers and yes, if you would like to stop by, feel free and please use our charger

Thank You

Nicholas McCourt
Northern Lights Electric, Inc.
Serving MA, RI & NH

(800) 944-9251

We got a free 1.5 hr charge at the 99 in Marloboro, MA this past Friday. Turns out we were not the first to use the station this time. A BMW plugs in once a week and National grid has a vehicle they plug in.

Back