New Nissan Juke Wheels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
ELROY said:
That setup is probably quite a bit heavier than stock....any noticeable effect on economy? How does tire noise compare to stock?
Also does anyone know how much heavier the Juke wheel is than stock? I might be able to get a fairly cheap set next week.

I had a very similar setup on my black LEAF; the only difference is 215 tires, instead of 225.

When the tires were new, the hit to economy is noticeable, however after 500 miles, the hit to economy is only a few percent.
Hi Tony,

Do you remember what load rating you had on your 215s? America's Tire told me the Michelin Primacy MXM4s in a 215/45R17 are 87V and the LEAF spec (probably due to added weight of the battery) is 89H. So I'm looking at 225/45R17 90H MXM4s instead (which are $181 each - yow!).

I should have been watching for a set of Juke rims as I certainly don't want to pay $400+ each for a set of new ones from Nissan. I asked about the 17" LEAF rims and they're over $450 each. So I'm planning to go with MB Icon rims from America's Tire, at $106 each (plus $50 for "install kit" and hub rings). Still, that's all four rims for about the price of one rim from Nissan.

The MB Icon rims are 20 pounds which I think is about a pound lighter than the LEAF or Juke rims, but the tires are 23 pounds which are a little heavier than the 20 pound Ecopias so it looks like the new wheels will net about two pounds heavier. The 215 MXM4s are lighter but the 87V load rating seems to be a problem...

If the MXM4s can do 50K miles, that's twice what I got out of the stock Ecopias, so the first set should pay for themselves including the rims, and the second set will be almost half the cost (per mile) compared to the Ecopias since I'll already own the rims. Total initial cost of upgrading to the 17" rims and 225 MXM4s is about $1400 (plus tax).

I'm looking forward to better handling, and hoping for low noise and not to rough of a ride (for my family)... I'm anticipating a range hit for the first 500 miles or so, but hope it will be minimal after that.

Any other comments or feedback on the 225/45R17 90H Michelin Primacy MXM4s would be greatly appreciated, but I'm not sure if anyone else has tried those.

The price for those Michelins is outrageous.

Personally, I'd think of going with the Yokohama YK580 or GoodYear Fuel Max which are significantly cheaper ($140-145).

I'd also opt to go with the 215/50/17 tire size over 225/45/17 if you value efficiency over grip. I think you'll be disappointed with the efficiency hit of the wide wheels and tires.

Finally, I'd seriously look at OEM 17" wheels. I saw some on eBay for $118/ea with free shipping - refinished so should look basically new. They may not be that light, but the spoke design is more aerodynamic than just about any other inexpensive wheel out there and they look pretty good, too.

drees said:
I'd also opt to go with the 215/50/17 tire size over 225/45/17 if you value efficiency over grip. I think you'll be disappointed with the efficiency hit of the wide wheels and tires.

Finally, I'd seriously look at OEM 17" wheels. I saw some on eBay for $118/ea with free shipping - refinished so should look basically new. They may not be that light, but the spoke design is more aerodynamic than just about any other inexpensive wheel out there and they look pretty good, too.
If I really valued efficiency over grip I'd stick with the Ecopias... If not then I want the MXMs and it appears that means 225/45 to get the 90H load rating.

I'm not sure what to do about the rims though. I was hoping for something 20 pounds or less -- the Juke rims are heavier as are the MXM tires. Should I be concerned about aerodynamic design as well as weight? I wonder which matters more? Would aerodynamics matter if I can save a few pounds of unsprung weight?

The pics in this thread of Juke wheels are (I believe) 2012 Juke wheels. Are newer ones still the same or did they change the design? I don't see any "Juke OEM take-off" wheels on eBay that look the same. And used is the only way as it would be $1700 for a set of four new from the dealer.
(Edit: Never mind -- I do see some Juke rims on eBay that look the same... So now the question is whether the extra weight of the Juke wheels is worth having if they are in some way more aerodynamic -- but I'm still unclear how to tell how aerodynamic a rim is.)

I think I may be stuck picking from something America's Tire has in stock tomorrow -- like the MB I icon or something similar... Just didn't imagine the wheel choice might impact range as much as the choice of tire (aside from weight of both).

lemketron said:
drees said:
Are newer ones still the same or did they change the design?

I'm not sure if it's a trim or option package, but the latest Jukes I have seen use these wheels:
Nissan-Juke_Shiro_2012_800x600_wallpaper_13.jpg

And there's these too:
Nissan-Juke-03.jpg

I would recommend against a 45 series tire...in my opinion, it looked too low profile on my Leaf.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I would go 215/50R17 or 215/55R17.

asimba2 said:
I would recommend against a 45 series tire...in my opinion, it looked too low profile on my Leaf.
I would go 215/50R17 or 215/55R17.

Actually, I decided to go with the (relatively new) 16" Michelin Premier A/S 205/55R16 91H on the stock rims.

lemketron said:
Actually, I decided to go with the (relatively new) 16" Michelin Premier A/S 205/55R16 91H on the stock rims.
Let us know how those work out, I am considering those as I'm just about due for new tires, too.

Hi guys.

Just to confirm before I purchase some alloys on ebay... Will a Nissan Juke 5x144.3 ET47 alloy fit the Nissan leaf with out any modifications?

deansh8506 said:
Hi guys.

Just to confirm before I purchase some alloys on ebay... Will a Nissan Juke 5x144.3 ET47 alloy fit the Nissan leaf with out any modifications?

Not sure of your Specs (5x144.3 ET47), but the 2013 OEM JUKE 17" Alloy Wheels fit perfectly on my 2012 Leaf, and the 225-45-17 Michelin MXM4 Tires have a circumference match that is within margin of error of being exact for the OEM 16" rims with Ecopias.

I assume that a 2012 Leaf OEM wheel will fit a 2013 / 2014 Leaf, so......

BTW; The ride is night and day.

Stock in the Front, Juke in the Back.......................

Wheels3cs.jpg

I think the profile looks great with the 225-45's, but to each his own.

Wheels4cs.jpg

Hi KillaWatt, thanks for the quick reply.

Woops sorry typo - I meant 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Well I've hit the buy it now button and bought a set of 4 alloys.

Your car looks so much better compared to the stock alloys! Really makes a difference.

Have you felt the need to add maybe 3mm spacers to bring it a bit closer to the stock offset of 40mm?

These look like the same ones on your car.

$_57.JPG

Decided to go with a set of 17" OEM Juke take-offs as well as they've already changed the wheel design (as noted within this thread); at about 24K my OEM tires still seem OK on our '12 with the 16" alloys so will simply keep these aside when I get them until I need new tires and swap then. Prices on eBay haven't really changed much since this thread was started but never know how many more might be out there ... this gives me enough time to decide on tires

For those of you that have put on Juke wheels - did they come with a TPMS sensor, or did you have to remove the TPMS sensor from your OEM Leaf Wheels?

I'm looking into getting some summer wheels (preferably 16" though, so I can use the original tires) since I put winter tires on the original steel wheels on my Leaf. The issues of caliper clearance and TPMS sensors though are making it more complicated than getting new wheels has been in the past on my vehicles....

msbriggs said:
For those of you that have put on Juke wheels - did they come with a TPMS sensor, or did you have to remove the TPMS sensor from your OEM Leaf Wheels?

I'm looking into getting some summer wheels (preferably 16" though, so I can use the original tires) since I put winter tires on the original steel wheels on my Leaf. The issues of caliper clearance and TPMS sensors though are making it more complicated than getting new wheels has been in the past on my vehicles....

I'm planning to just swap the TPMS over to the Juke wheels when the time comes along with the 'blue' Nissan center caps from the LEAF; you can buy new TPMS from tire rack (appears that they run about $244 for the set; may be others that are less expensive) but as long as mine are OK will have this done when we buy the new tires. Car has now close to 29K miles but the tires seem still fine but not great -- no real major slippage in the rain yet so may just get to 30K and do it then.

For those of you that have put Juke wheels on - how much of a hit to efficiency did you take compared to the OEM wheels? I'm trying to decide on summer wheels right now, between some 16" Anzio Turns with the OEM Ecopia tires versus trying to find a set of Juke take-off wheels with original tires, and wondering what the impact on efficiency would be. The Anzio Turns are around 18.5 pounds, so a few pounds lighter than OEM, whereas I think the Juke wheels are a pound heavier than OEM.

Thanks!

I just got my own set of juke wheels and am excited to mount some Michelin MXM4s on them. Will keep everyone updated on the range once I break them in.

If anyone is interested in changing tires soon, American Tire has a discount of $70 on four tires right now.

Just received my new Juke wheels today! They're the "matte black" Juke wheels and I think they will look good on my dark grey LEAF. I'm getting the Michelin Premier A/S tires, too, with the $70 pre-paid Visa card from Discount Tire. I'll post pictures tomorrow or so. :D

Edit: I love it!

Onb9qOM.jpg

An update on the new wheels and tires.

1. The new tires and wheels are nice and quiet. Rolling over reflectors in the road (northerners won't know what I'm talking about) is MUCH less noticeable than on the stock Escopias.
2. Yes, I've noticed a bit of decreased range. Some might be attributed to the wheels, but I suspect most is from the tires. Probably about a 10% reduction in range.
3. The Juke wheels fit on without spacers and with no tire rubbing issues at full lock either direction. I put on 215/50R17 tires, like the stock LEAF 17" tires. I didn't feel the need for the 235/50R17s.
4. Even though the ride doesn't get as upset from small bumps, turning isn't filled with drama (and tire squeal) like the Escopias.
5. My 3-year-old daughter likes the black wheels better. So there. :lol:

Those wheels look good. I have a set in chrome, but think maybe black ones would look better on a silver Leaf. Did you have them coated, or were they black from the factory?

I wonder if Juke wheels will fit a Bolt...

Back