New Nissan LEAF Online Research Panel Survey 11/4/2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
New LEAF color I'd like to see:

Copper !!

Have you seen the Cayenne? In the sunlight, it is a light metallic copper color...in the shade it looks like burgundy. It really isn't red at all.

They asked if I would like to see some thing in the car and I said I would like an voice interactivate sound and system like the Ford Flex.

i asked for heated seats and more body styles a 6 passenger vehicle and a 2 door.

and i said i would not pay extra for the "green" effort by my dealer and my reason: one should not expect someone to pay them to keep their own home clean, why should I?

Yes asking how much I'd pay more for a green dealer miffed me.

I won't. I'd like the dealer to be green but they should do that for their own reasons.

It's not going to affect if I do business with them if they charge more.

I asked for a darker interior option, an optional level III quickcharge port on the SV (it's absence is the only reason I'm getting an SL), and an optional solar roof that covers the entire roof area and powers "solar ventilation" a la the 2010 Prius. For colors, like many here, I asked for green and copper. I also said that I would be willing to pay up to $550 for the 6.6KW/hr charging ability. IMHO it should have been standard in this first generation and the fact that Nissan missed the mark here because of an engineering oversight (Japanese market needs applied to the NA model) has almost made me opt out of the 2011 model. The corporate greenwashing bit was a laugh and I let them know that trust and price are the two prime motivators for me when buying a car.

I asked for two things. First, is optional "window deflectors". These are those plastic covers that go over the top of the driver and passenger windows so that you can have the window rolled down an inch or so. They help to lower the noise of an open window and keep rain out while at the same time lessening the use of the A/C. Second, I'l like to see a small propane heater like those you see as table-top units with the quart screw-on canister. The heater would be outside of the passenger compartment with a heat exchanger to recirculate and warm the cabin air in the winter. Because we only need added heat in winter you wouldn't need to change the canister that often especially because you are heating a closed cabin. These ideas would help to extend the range of the LEAF. :geek:

ERG4ALL said:
I asked for two things. First, is optional "window deflectors". These are those plastic covers that go over the top of the driver and passenger windows so that you can have the window rolled down an inch or so. They help to lower the noise of an open window and keep rain out while at the same time lessening the use of the A/C. Second, I'l like to see a small propane heater like those you see as table-top units with the quart screw-on canister. The heater would be outside of the passenger compartment with a heat exchanger to recirculate and warm the cabin air in the winter. Because we only need added heat in winter you wouldn't need to change the canister that often especially because you are heating a closed cabin. These ideas would help to extend the range of the LEAF. :geek:

#2 will NEVER happen but you can certainly ask.

BTW, as far as the Green dealership, I did say I'd drive as much as 70 or so miles if the price was equal but the dealership was green. I'm not willing to pay even $100 over another dealer for Green but heck, I suppose a couple gallons of gas + the charge to get home isn't going to break the bank. (Well, + 2 more gallons as I don't plan to trade in at this point.) Sure, I'll put more CO2 in the atmosphere for a green dealer at only $10 or so more out of pocket. :)

TimeHorse said:
BTW, as far as the Green dealership, I did say I'd drive as much as 70 or so miles if the price was equal but the dealership was green. I'm not willing to pay even $100 over another dealer for Green but heck, I suppose a couple gallons of gas + the charge to get home isn't going to break the bank. (Well, + 2 more gallons as I don't plan to trade in at this point.) Sure, I'll put more CO2 in the atmosphere for a green dealer at only $10 or so more out of pocket. :)

I said pretty much the same, except I'd only go 20 miles. But I did also say that I'd be much happier shopping at a green dealership over one that didn't give any consideration to green practices.

EVDRIVER said:
ERG4ALL said:
Second, I'l like to see a small propane heater ... The heater would be outside of the passenger compartment with a heat exchanger to recirculate and warm the cabin air in the winter. Because we only need added heat in winter you wouldn't need to change the canister that often especially because you are heating a closed cabin. These ideas would help to extend the range of the LEAF.
#2 will NEVER happen but you can certainly ask.
Actually Volvo is doing exactly that as a range extender for its concept EV. Heat is a bigger issue in Sweden than in San Diego, apparently. I wouldn't rule it out for the cold weather package Nissan is concocting.

Back