New to me 2013 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krsnad

Hello,

Just wanted to say hi and that I am glad to be on board here. Just got a 2013 Leaf S with the 6.6kW and QC package.
42k miles and the battery has 11 bars, 55.24 Ahr, and 83.4% SOH as per LeafStat.

Just also ordered a LELink adapter to use with LeafSpy. Still busy reading and trying to digest the entirely too much information available here.

Cheers,
Kd.

I've been reading the tips and tricks post and had a question about the charge timer.
( I can hear the veterans on this forum groaning already :))

1. I understand that the charge timer on the Leaf S is an end-timer only.
2. I understand that the charge percentage sets well 80% or 100% as requested.

Can someone please confirm that if I turn the timer off using the timer off switch on the left of the steering wheel that it will charge to a 100% even if Charge % is set to 80%.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--Kd.

krsnad said:
Can someone please confirm that if I turn the timer off using the timer off switch on the left of the steering wheel that it will charge to a 100% even if Charge % is set to 80%.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--Kd.
No, whether you use the override or not it will only charge to either 80 or 100%, IOW the override button doesn't override a 80% setting and go all the way to 100%, to do that you'd have to change the 80% setting to 100%.
I have my '12SL setup the way your said, that is when I plug it in it would start charging immediately but stop at 80%, if I were to push the timer-override button it will go all the way to 100%(well actually ~92% as it never charges to 100% due to a degraded battery).
Personally I prefer the timer operation on my '13S, but that might just be me. The '12SL seems so overly complicated and maybe due to this and me miss-programming it I was waking up to find things not charged, which is why I have it programmed the way I do, to go to 80% as soon as plugged in and only go to 100%(92%) when override button is pushed.

Back