new X ,,out with 12 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

the leaf has bein a true joy for the past46 months.Altough , I must hand it in on the lease.The car has 40k miles and has been down 3 bars for about 10k miles.The car has basicly free for my ownership.I must now turn it back in.Any suggestions or pointers would be welcoming.the replacement is a maxed out tesla X.It should arrive in about 2 weeks.

Have you done the inspection yet? If not, schedule it now, so if "issues" crop up you have the opportunity to solicit alternate repair bids. Also, call your local dealer(s) and ask to make an appointment for the lease return. They may tell you one is not needed, but make sure you at least firm up the best time to come in. A couple of dealers said that if I wasn't buying a replacement car from them, they would only accept the lease return during specific hours.

Don't wait until the last minute to do the return. Someone posted here that Glendale (CA) Nissan refused his lease return, even though I had no problems doing so back in December. That put him in a time crunch as he only had a day or so to find another dealer to accept the return. Not sure what ever happened with that.

Have you replaced the tires yet? If not at 40k miles I'm guessing they may well be worn past the point where you'd have to replace them. My guess is it may be cheaper for you to replace them somewhere else other than the dealer. I believe they need to have more than a particular depth left, if not they'll nick you for new tires and I believe they need to be the same tires, no just replacing 2 that just happen to be worn more with a different type of tire.
Wow! model, X.......you are upgrading :D

ya,we have been waiting for the x for I guess ?? a few years.Time has come.The cmax energy will go to the 16 year old daughter .I will miss the leaf.Ifthe car ever gets to 200 miles of range we will consider another.

Back