Nissan announces production of funky e-NV200 electric van

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrwl

The article can be found here:

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/05/23/nissan-announces-production-of-funky-e-nv200-electric-van/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was really thinking about purchasing a new 2013 model Leaf this winter, but now I may wait for the van. Has anyone heard any specs or details for this yet?

vrwl said:
Has anyone heard any specs or details for this yet?
No specs, but when we purchased our LEAF in March a Nissan commercial salesperson spoke with me and mentioned these vans. He gave me a copy of the Nissan Commercial Vehicles "2013 NV200 Compact Cargo" brochure. On the inside of the back page it has a picture of a NYC taxi and an insert at the bottom with a picture of the "e-NV200 Concept". The text on that page reads as follows:
WE'VE GOT BIG PLANS
FOR THE FUTURE.

A SMARTER WAY TO MOVE CARGO IS JUST THE BEGINNING. The NV200 Compact Cargo is just the first in a family of small vans. In Fall 2013, the NV will also become the official taxi of New York City, proving that New Yorkers know a good thing when they see it. And for a sneak peek at the future of metropolitan commercial vehicles, we proudly present the 100% electric e-NV200 Concept.
I like the footnote after that last sentence:
Always wear your seat belt, and please do not drink and drive.
:D

Back