Nissan DC Quick Charger Starting at $9,900

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the Fontana unit set up with a generator off to the side or did they wire it up to some sort of a temporary electrical service?

The QC was connected to a diesel generator. The QC is the outdoor unit and retails for $15k. AV received 30 units and want to sell them to dealerships and maybe get them to create a subscription network. I told them that I would pay $40/month and that most of would if we had 24/7 access.

Hi Tony,
I guess I typed that in auto pilot mode. It's a partnership between the two, correct?

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/nissan-to-market-d-c-fast-charger-for-under-10000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy said:
Hi Tony,
I guess I typed that in auto pilot mode. It's a partnership between the two, correct?

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/nissan-to-market-d-c-fast-charger-for-under-10000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The LEAF chief engineer was also the DC charger chief engineer for Nissan. Sumitomo builds it, however.

ElectricVehicle said:
hill said:
ElectricVehicle said:
What type of service do you have at your residence? 480V 3 phase 100A ?? You can run some QC's at lower power off of single phase. Please post what your utility service is - Volts, Amps, number of phases.
We've run commercial 3 phase machining equipment out of our residential garage in the past. After selling off the mill & lathe, we kept our 10hp phase converter. We made our own, since (as mentioned) 3 phase isn't native to residential neighborhoods. Anyway, our service (225 main breaker) still has room for a 50amp breaker/appliance ... which would be just fine for a 20kW or less QC. We're not too far off the beaten path (south OC near 5 & 405) either ... so if we were to actually acquire a QC . . . . would it bug our neighbors . . .
Look at the Andromeda power unit, $25,000. It can run off of single phase . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip

Both of these are really off-topic for this thread. I suggest the conversation be continued in a more appropriate thread . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
hub boy . . . it's strange to have to explain how "on topic" something can be. But here goes. "If" the $9.9k Chademo comes out ... and "if" you can convert residential 240v to 3 phase ... then the dialogue does fall w/in the purview of the OP. But thanks for your concern.
:roll:
Randy said:
Nissan is the manufacturer, they aren't set up to retail the units. Aerovironment is the distributor that will be stocking and selling the Nissan QC units...
Jeez - when I think of the HUGE mark up on the VERY simple 240V pass-through device (EVSE) that AV sells as Nissan's preferred vendor, I'd love to find out how much the mark up is, as the Chademo goes from Nissan to AV.

The NissanQC.com site has been updated. The $9,900 Quick Charger is no longer listed as an option. While I'd like to say it's nice to see an "update" on the website, this is certainly disappointing news...

The First Nissan QC was installed in May 2012.
http://jpwhitenissanleaf.com/2012/05/31/franklin-quick-charge-a-success/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where is the 2nd one?

NYLEAF said:
The NissanQC.com site has been updated. The $9,900 Quick Charger is no longer listed as an option. While I'd like to say it's nice to see an "update" on the website, this is certainly disappointing news...

Vaporware, as others had predicted. AeroEnvironment's salesman had said that by the time you added in shipping, markup and other costs, the $9900 model was going to cost around $15k. Very disappointing indeed!

I called the under $10k QC Vaporware to Nissan Officials after the National Plug-in day event in SF, and they "pshawed" me. I then told them about the web site perpetually reading "coming soon", and a lack of response from AV. I guess they actually now did something about it! :roll:

-Phil

Rumor has it that it could be another regulatory holdup. This is getting old...

High elevation/altitude locations are screwed, at least for the time being. Here's why:

From October 2, 2012
Hi Michael,

I checked with our technical lead, Augusto Lee, from NTC-NA. That specification is correct. The upper limit of the installation is 3,280 feet or 1,000 meters. We concur that many of the metros in Colorado might not be a good fit with the existing Nissan QC box. A high altitude spec is in the works and is (at this time) roughly 6 months from being developed.

Hope this helps!

Office: 615.725.3223
Mobile: 615.390.1910
[email protected]

Michael Moyer
Sumitomo Corporation of America
phone: 248-228-8570
mobile: 248-330-0721

ht2 said:
http://jpwhitenissanleaf.com/2012/05/31/franklin-quick-charge-a-success/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where is the 2nd one?
Well, here we are in 2013. Has anyone seen another unit operational?
-Reddy

Reddy said:
ht2 said:

Where is the 2nd one?
Well, here we are in 2013. Has anyone seen another unit operational?
-Reddy

There's one at the Nissan plant in Smyrna & I'm pretty sure there's one at corp offices in Franklin, TN (haven't seen it in person though, like the Smyrna one)

Philip

Back