Nissan Leaf Charger FS,Seattle $625 shipped EVSE-RS

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firehawk618

Now on ebay and buy it now price lowered.

7 day no reserve auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221347121650?item=221347121650&viewitem=&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello. I have a used OEM Nissan leaf charger I want to sell. I purchased a house and this was installed in the garage. I have no intention of buying a Leaf so this charger does me no good.

I am located in Marysville, WA if someone wanted to pick it up locally that is fine.

I paid the "membership dues" so that I was able to post this ad here plus I believe it helps keep scammers off your board.

It is in good physical condition and is being sold As-Is.

I am asking $625 shipped anywhere in the continental USA. Alaska, Canada or Hawaii extra. Local pickup is fine also and I will deduct a fair amount for shipping.

Paypal is the only way I want to do this transaction for my protection and yours UNLESS we are meeting in person then cash is fine.

I will post back here and update this thread once it's sold.

I know I am new here and understand any hesitation to purchase because of this. I am no stranger to selling items via ebay and various forums but I'm usually a car owner for whatever forum I am selling on therefore have much more presence on the given board.

These are actual pictures of it. It's ready to ship within 24 weekday hours of payment. Will be shipped via ups OR fed ex with tracking.

BEST contact for me is email [email protected]

PLEASE feel free to respond on this thread if my price is out of line. I really do not know the history of this model of charger.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, it looks like this EVSE has been modified. The EVSE-RS comes with a cord that plugs into a NEMA 6-50 socket. The cord has been removed and replaced with a conduit apparently for hard-wiring, and it's set up to be hard-mounted to the wall instead of being portable.

Firehawk,

Just so you know what you have: It is actually an EVSE (yes, alot of people refer to them as chargers), the charger is in the car. It is produced by Aerovironment, it is not Nissan OEM. Depending on the configuration it can now be bought new for between $799 and $999 with a one year warranty. The $999 model is wired with a plug pigtail and a 25' cable, the $899 model is setup for hardwire like yours was done and has a 25' cable, the $799 model is hardwire and has an 18' cable. Until today there was a federal credit of 30% of the cost of a new EVSE, meaning the price was $559 - $700. I expect most of us who are thinking of buying a 240v EVSE will wait and see what the manufacturers do with the federal credit expiring or if the credit is restored. Other brands have already lowered their price to the $600 range.

Just my opinion but I think you will need to be down around $300 - $400 to sell it and then you would need to be willing to refund if it doesn't work. Why would I spend $400 with no promise of anything if I can spend $600 with a one year warranty?

I am not meaning to slam you just wanted you to know what you have. Thanks for joining. Stick around you may wind up interested in a LEAF, they are a great.

Randy

Bollocks on $600 new with warranty. I understand biggsy you may want to buy this on the cheap, but let's be fair here.

Firstly they are $800-$1000 new with warranty. To my knowledge shipping and tax are NOT included.

Second, eBay completed listings show one recently sold for $727 USED.

There are competitors that are cheaper, and you can always make an OpenEVSE or convert your included Panasonic L1 using EVSEUpgrade, for less, but $675 for a used Aerovironment is a good deal.

Welcome to the forum, Firehawk.

biggsy said:
Firehawk,

Just so you know what you have: It is actually an EVSE (yes, alot of people refer to them as chargers), the charger is in the car. It is produced by Aerovironment, it is not Nissan OEM. Depending on the configuration it can now be bought new for between $799 and $999 with a one year warranty. The $999 model is wired with a plug pigtail and a 25' cable, the $899 model is setup for hardwire like yours was done and has a 25' cable, the $799 model is hardwire and has an 18' cable. Until today there was a federal credit of 30% of the cost of a new EVSE, meaning the price was $559 - $700. I expect most of us who are thinking of buying a 240v EVSE will wait and see what the manufacturers do with the federal credit expiring or if the credit is restored. Other brands have already lowered their price to the $600 range.

Just my opinion but I think you will need to be down around $300 - $400 to sell it and then you would need to be willing to refund if it doesn't work. Why would I spend $400 with no promise of anything if I can spend $600 with a one year warranty?

I am not meaning to slam you just wanted you to know what you have. Thanks for joining. Stick around you may wind up interested in a LEAF, they are a great.

Randy

I'd definitely pay $300-$400 as is but I suspect it's worth more than that. It's a high quality 30 amp EVSE.

Randy, is your LEAF rebadged as a Tesla?

firehawk618 said:
I have no intention of buying a Leaf so this charger does me no good.

It works with other modern (meaning sold within the last 5 or so years) electric cars as well ;-)

I wonder who the Leafer was that left that behind, and why they left it behind?

z0ner: what biggsy is talking about is that you can get a 30 amp EVSE for as little as $600 now (Clipper Creek HCS-40 is $595). He's not talking about the AV units being priced that low. AFAIK there's nothing special about the AV units that make them preferable over other J1772-compliant EVSEs.

RonDawg said:
z0ner: what biggsy is talking about is that you can get a 30 amp EVSE for as little as $600 now (Clipper Creek HCS-40 is $595). He's not talking about the AV units being priced that low. AFAIK there's nothing special about the AV units that make them preferable over other J1772-compliant EVSEs.

If so, he needs to be clear. To come in and lowball or disparage in a public forum shows poor form at best, or exploiting if he ultimately intends on purchasing. Neither are cool.

I have a few EVSE solutions so I would normally agree with you regarding AV not being all that special, but one major point that I keep seeing is Nissan denying maintenance to owners whose OBCs go down when it's learned they aren't using the "Nissan Approved" AV unit. For those less informed, getting an AV would be worth not having to go through the hassle.

z0ner said:
RonDawg said:

If so, he needs to be clear.

It doesn't get any clearer than this (a direct copy/paste from biggsy's post):

"Just so you know what you have: It is actually an EVSE (yes, alot of people refer to them as chargers), the charger is in the car. It is produced by Aerovironment, it is not Nissan OEM. Depending on the configuration it can now be bought new for between $799 and $999 with a one year warranty. The $999 model is wired with a plug pigtail and a 25' cable, the $899 model is setup for hardwire like yours was done and has a 25' cable, the $799 model is hardwire and has an 18' cable."

To come in and lowball or disparage in a public forum shows poor form at best, or exploiting if he ultimately intends on purchasing. Neither are cool.

That's not the impression I got. The OP is not an electric vehicle owner and is likely unaware that there are now less expensive solutions.

one major point that I keep seeing is Nissan denying maintenance to owners whose OBCs go down when it's learned they aren't using the "Nissan Approved" AV unit. For those less informed, getting an AV would be worth not having to go through the hassle.

I'm not following the OBC thread, since (knock on simulated wood) my 2012 model has been absolutely reliable, so I'll leave it for someone else to comment on.

z0ner said:
RonDawg said:

If so, he needs to be clear. To come in and lowball or disparage in a public forum shows poor form at best, or exploiting if he ultimately intends on purchasing. Neither are cool.

I have a few EVSE solutions so I would normally agree with you regarding AV not being all that special, but one major point that I keep seeing is Nissan denying maintenance to owners whose OBCs go down when it's learned they aren't using the "Nissan Approved" AV unit. For those less informed, getting an AV would be worth not having to go through the hassle.

z0ner - I was simply trying to let him know what he had and my opinion of what it might be worth. I personally would not buy it at $200 without any promise of a refund if it doesn't work. Why would the previous owner leave it behind if it works. I clearly stated what the AV models were going for, which includes free shipping and no taxes to most states through Amazon. I clearly stated "other brands" had lowered the price. What makes you think Nissan would honor a used AV model any better than they would any other brand. If you feel like it is such a good deal, offer the man $400 as is no warranty and try to resell it for a profit. He was asking for comment on his price and I explained my opinion. How much do you think a person should pay for it "as is" compared to what is available?

And Yes, with the Federal Tax Credit, which expires tonight, you could have( but no longer) bought the AV hardwired model with the 18' cord for $559 net, equipment only.

Thanks for the info all.

I can understand why the previous owner may have left it in the house when they sold it because it is hardwired to the house and a lot of people aren't comfortable removing this from the house. Probably the same kind of people who wouldn't even consider replacing a faulty power outlet on their house.

That being said, I am open to offers and don't really know what would possibly fail on this unit. It doesn't seem like there's much to them but I'm sure you guys know much more than I do / care to know about these.

Please remember, email is the best means of contact regarding this unit.

Thanks.

EDIT: Zoner, yes I did see a few completed listings on ebay and they definitely fetch at a minimum of $600 dollars.

Upon further thought I don't see why I couldn't offer a NON-DOA guarantee on this. I just don't see what can go wrong and the only way I can see frying it upon installation is getting the neutral wire wrong upon installation which would be very obvious upon dis-assembly of the unit.

If this is still sitting here in a week or so I will list it on ebay.

Just FYI while that unit is "branded" for a Nissan Leaf it will work with just about any plugin car in the foreseeable future, including the chevy volt, Cadillac ELR, or Porsche panamera. On the off chance you get a plugin car in the future you probably won't be able to replace it for what you got for it.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Just FYI while that unit is "branded" for a Nissan Leaf it will work with just about any plugin car in the foreseeable future, including the chevy volt, Cadillac ELR, or Porsche panamera. On the off chance you get a plugin car in the future you probably won't be able to replace it for what you got for it.

Ahh very good info. I was taking a hard look at the Chevy Volt a few months ago but ended up getting something different. I do have a strong curiosity with the Volt but highly doubt I'll get one.

Then again, with my luck, right after this sells I'll end up needing it. :)

firehawk618 said:
I do have a strong curiosity with the Volt but highly doubt I'll get one.
Your curiosity is justified, the Volt is an amazing bit of engineering. I suggest leasing one; you will likely be spoiled for anything else.

Computerizer said:
FYI, it looks like this EVSE has been modified. The EVSE-RS comes with a cord that plugs into a NEMA 6-50 socket. The cord has been removed and replaced with a conduit apparently for hard-wiring, and it's set up to be hard-mounted to the wall instead of being portable.
No. As others have stated, there is a hardwired version and a plug-in version. See http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/at_home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The plug-in version didn't even exist until Oct 2012 (http://www.avinc.com/resources/press_release/aerovironment_introduces_new_easy-to-install_and_moveable_home_electric_veh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

And yes, this is an EVSE, not a charger (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=262630#p262630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may help the OP). Charger's on-board the car.

I personally one won thru a drawing and put it up for sale (http://priuschat.com/threads/nissan-branded-aerovironment-l2-evse-aka-home-charging-station-dock.107084/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). The version was (not surprisingly) a hardwired version w/no plug, since that didn't exist yet.

I ended up selling to a semi-local PiP driver. And yes, this is a standard J1772 EVSE. Others (e.g. Ford, Fiat and BMW) have marketed basically the same unit w/a different badge on the front. Examples below:
http://evsolutions.avinc.com/products/home_charging/ford/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://insideevs.com/aerovironment-selected-by-fiat-as-preferred-provider-of-home-charging-stations-for-fiat-500e/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back