Nissan Leaf on Paradise at Mount Rainier?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reticuli

I am thinking about taking my 2013 Leaf S up to Paradise on Mt. Rainier tomorrow. Has anyone ever taken one up there?

I think it would be a challenge. It's a fair bit of distance and elevation, and there's not a lot of charging around listed on plugshare. There's a 14-50 at a lodge in Ashford, and a residential location in Packwood, but that's it.

Best of luck, and be sure to let us know whether you made it...

--G

Do a search of MyNissanLeaf.com. There was an early adopter who posted results and pictures IIRC.

According to this site (http://www.jurassictest.ch/GR/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), your problem isn't getting up the mountain, it's getting to the mountain. It's less than 20 miles from the park entrance to Paradise, with a 35 MPH speed limit. The problem is that the park entrance is almost 60 miles from Fife or Puyallup. If you can make use of the 14-50 charger in Ashford, you should be able to make it.

"Do a search of MyNissanLeaf.com. There was an early adopter who posted results and pictures IIRC."

I already searched for 'Rainier' and 'Paradise' and did not see anything. Please send me a link Reddy if you have one.

I am familiar with the lack of charging outside of Puyallup or Spanaway. That's why I was wondering if anyone had made the trip. I have a house right outside the Nisqually entrance so I thought I would give it a shot. The house is about 2000' elevation and is 18.4 miles from Paradise (elevation 5400')

I left Tacoma around 10 pm on Thursday, May 1 with about 94% on the battery. Once I arrived at the Rainier house I trickle charged overnight and left late morning with a 80% charge. There was road work going on so there were several stops along the way. Once at Paradise the remaining charge was 41%. I alternated between Eco and D modes on the way down, barely touching the throttle a few times. When I arrived back at the house the battery was at 51%. It was a fun trip. Up and down it was 36.8 miles and it required 29% of the battery charge.

I am not sure how to post the photos...?

Impressive. As a fellow Washingtonian and outdoor enthusiast, getting EV access in National Parks is very high on my "want" list. Glad you made it!

Back