Nissan LEAF Press Release : Reservations restart May 1st

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafkabob said:
TRONZ said:
aHa! .... I will tell them they are screwed.
Never say never. Tell them to register anyway. Nissan will probably put them at the front of the line! :evil:

Have them register with the name "line jumper" or "lucky Duck". That way,they may get their car before most everyone else on the 2010 reservation list.

As numerous folks have noted already, Nissan should have made the reservations/order process a regional gig from the very start, plain and simple.

Take only reservations from the Tier 1 states first, fill the orders that come in up to a certain date, then move on to Tier 2, 3, or however many tiers you have. And do the same thing. Done. Simple. Transparent. Clear. Fair. Doesn't raise expectations of the sort that were raised among the thousands of us who reserved in states like Colorado (where I'm at) in April of 2010.

Can someone give me a reasonable argument for why you open reservations nationwide only to focus on folks in a small number of those states after doing so?

What is the advantage of doing this over a clear, regionalized reservations/rollout process (like the one for the Mistubishi I) -- because there certainly is nothing but downsides from a customer service/customer relations standpoint to starting with a big national reservations extravaganza, and then saying, well, it was "really" a regional exercise from the very beginning.

solarchargeddriver said:
As numerous folks have noted already, Nissan should have made the reservations/order process a regional gig from the very start, plain and simple.

Take only reservations from the Tier 1 states first, fill the orders that come in up to a certain date, then move on to Tier 2, 3, or however many tiers you have. And do the same thing. Done. Simple. Transparent. Clear. Fair. Doesn't raise expectations of the sort that were raised among the thousands of us who reserved in states like Colorado (where I'm at) in April of 2010.

Can someone give me a reasonable argument for why you open reservations nationwide only to focus on folks in a small number of those states after doing so?

What is the advantage of doing this over a clear, regionalized reservations/rollout process (like the one for the Mistubishi I) -- because there certainly is nothing but downsides from a customer service/customer relations standpoint to starting with a big national reservations extravaganza, and then saying, well, it was "really" a regional exercise from the very beginning.

Nissan cannot do what you have suggested.....it makes too much sense :mrgreen:

Back