Nissan Leaf to attempt record-setting hill climb in reverse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought someone here tested the maximum speed in reverse and got something like 25 mph. I suppose both maximum speeds are somewhat arbitrary firmware specifications that can be altered by Nissan...

i wished they think of doing something more practical/realistic that cool and somewhat applicable.

going in reverse @ high speeds up a hill is just plain silly.

i still prefer one of our MNL fellows doing that J-turn. There was a clip somewhere on our site and THAT'S WAY COOL. At least us common folk could dream and aspire to do that stunt in our own Leafs.. BUT certainly NOT doing high speeds in reverse.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Leaf is a front wheel drive car?
On a steep hill as the weight bias shifts rearwards you lose traction on the front wheels.
Driving a Leaf in reverse you effectively have a rear wheel drive car.

MikeD said:
I thought someone here tested the maximum speed in reverse and got something like 25 mph. I suppose both maximum speeds are somewhat arbitrary firmware specifications that can be altered by Nissan...
Yep. At the bottom of the press release, Nissan says the only modification they made was to remove the electronic reverse speed limiter.

Is this some sort of clever tie in to a certain movie that is being released today? "I'm the world's best backwards driver." -Mater
And yes I am the father of a four year old and have watched Cars enough that I have the whole script mostly memorized.

mxp said:
i wished they think of doing something more practical/realistic that cool and somewhat applicable.

I don't know if I agree with that... They're trying to get attention, what's wrong with that? Of course, it could all end very badly... ;)

i still prefer one of our MNL fellows doing that J-turn. There was a clip somewhere on our site and THAT'S WAY COOL. At least us common folk could dream and aspire to do that stunt in our own Leafs.. BUT certainly NOT doing high speeds in reverse.

You mean this? I don't think I'm up to trying again at 90 mph... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU3K-hqjD1A[/youtube]

It sort of reminds me of http://www.worldcarfans.com/111042232859/toyota-coralla-beats-ferrari-430-in-drag-race-backwards.

If the numbers are right, the modified Leaf would beat the CVT Corolla too. :)

Electric4Me said:
mxp said:

I don't know if I agree with that... They're trying to get attention, what's wrong with that? Of course, it could all end very badly... ;)

You mean this? I don't think I'm up to trying again at 90 mph... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU3K-hqjD1A[/youtube]

Yes that was it!!! That was an AWESOME J-turn Bill! You gotta show me how its done!!!

:cool: :cool:

Back