Nissan North America

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztanos

I have gotten 3 phone calls in as many days from NNA telling me that the Nissan LEAF is now available on dealer lots. But wait there's more. If I act now I can get a lease as low as $258/month.

Come on 2013, hurry up, I'm being tempted by the devil.

I wonder what the details are of the "new" $258/month lease? I too am waiting a few months to see what 2013 brings, but $258 sounds pretty good...lol

You can lease one for $49 a month is you put enough down... the euphemism is "capital cost reduction".
Exactly, that is why I'm curious about the $258/m "deal", wonder if it is anything new. I looked at NNA and the lease they advertise is still the $289/m. Sounds like NNA is offering some large rebates in California, maybe they will bring those to the SE.

I haven't gotten any of those calls, but the dealer I am working with advised me that a limited # of cars were available for quick delivery if I was interested (as opposed to the several weeks ordering process I had previously been advised of). When I asked "how quickly" and "what colors," he responded as follows:

"It took me a few days, but here are the colors that are available blue, white, red, silver and black. We can get one for delivery in about 2 weeks as these are in groundstock inventory."

Given the colors, maybe the stock is not that "limited." Overall, I do get the impression that maybe they are starting to try to work down any existing 2012 inventory in anticipation of the 2013s rolling off the assembly line in Smyrna in early 2013.

Maybe this will lead to some dealing that previously was not available (at least in the Cincinnati OH area).

jpa2825 said:
I haven't gotten any of those calls, but the dealer I am working with advised me that a limited # of cars were available for quick delivery if I was interested (as opposed to the several weeks ordering process I had previously been advised of). When I asked "how quickly" and "what colors," he responded as follows:

"It took me a few days, but here are the colors that are available blue, white, red, silver and black. We can get one for delivery in about 2 weeks as these are in groundstock inventory."

Given the colors, maybe the stock is not that "limited." Overall, I do get the impression that maybe they are starting to try to work down any existing 2012 inventory in anticipation of the 2013s rolling off the assembly line in Smyrna in early 2013.

Maybe this will lead to some dealing that previously was not available (at least in the Cincinnati OH area).

My local Nissan dealer has 1 of every color on the lot. When they sell one of a certain color they order another to replace it. But they only keep 1 of each at any given time.

ztanos said:
My local Nissan dealer has 1 of every color on the lot. When they sell one of a certain color they order another to replace it. But they only keep 1 of each at any given time.
Wow. My local dealer only has one - the demo. Leafs just aren't selling much in western PA.

Which dealer are you referring to? Any idea about how many they have sold? I've noticed Gwinett Nissan seems to sell 1 every month or so, the other dealer(forgot name) I've checked on doesn't look like they have sold any in a long time.

garsh said:
ztanos said:
Wow. My local dealer only has one - the demo. Leafs just aren't selling much in western PA.

i think the sales push is relatively recent. lots of reports here of seeing a much larger LEAF inventory on lots now as opposed to before

gergg said:
Which dealer are you referring to? Any idea about how many they have sold? I've noticed Gwinett Nissan seems to sell 1 every month or so, the other dealer(forgot name) I've checked on doesn't look like they have sold any in a long time.

Regal Nissan. It has been about 2 weeks since I went, but last time I was there they had the gambit.

ztanos said:
Regal Nissan. It has been about 2 weeks since I went, but last time I was there they had the gambit.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gambit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
any maneuver by which one seeks to gain an advantage.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gamut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the entire scale or range

TEG said:
ztanos said:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gambit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
any maneuver by which one seeks to gain an advantage.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gamut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the entire scale or range

My mistake. Auto-correct remembered that I was an X-Men fan.

But one can argue that having a full line-up of cars would be a competitive advantage in that they don't have to overstock their cars and can show the full variety. Therefore, gambit would fit. :D

Back