Nissan Presents 'Polar Bear'

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Nissan went the wrong way on this commercial. I think I'm a pretty common future Nissan Leaf owner and this commercial made my blood boil.

Why do I want to buy a Leaf? Not to save the earth, because it won't as the Prius did nothing.

My reasons are simple:
1. It makes financial sense...much more than the Prius
2. It doesn't use foreign oil.

Done. The global warming hoax is over. Man is not making the earth heat up.
This commercial is extreme politically correct propoganda.

For reference, I loved the Lance Armstrong commercial.

And...yes, I was one of the first people to reserve a Leaf and WAS excited to get until I saw this commercial.

@joinarnold, It's just a car ad, I am sure you will get over it.... However, I would not hold my breath waiting for a "global warming hoax - Man is not making the earth heat up" campaign from Nissan. A pennies worth of free advice. :ugeek:

joinarnold said:
Done. The global warming hoax is over. Man is not making the earth heat up.

Oh yes - let us see. We have thousands of scientists on the one side and Rush/Palin/Beck/Cheney on the otherside. Is it really so difficult to figure out which side is believable ? :lol:

I knew it was a troll... I just had a few seconds to waste. Where is the troll list? Do we have a thread on troll "suspects"???

I'm not a troll. Honestly, the fact that I have a valid alternative opinion about this commercial tells me something about this forum.
Come on. Let's have an honest discussion about the fact that this is..or is not...a politically correct...global warming hysteria commercial..and that it may backfire.

joinarnold said:
I'm not a troll. Honestly, the fact that I have a valid alternative opinion about this commercial tells me something about this forum.
Come on. Let's have an honest discussion about the fact that this is..or is not...a politically correct...global warming hysteria commercial..and that it may backfire.

You're wasting your breath brah. Go back, back, back a few pages.

evnow said:
There are too few people like you i.e. who hate mother earth but want EVs. Obviously Nissan isn't looking to convince a dozen or so of you at the expense of 99.999% of their demo.

Two people heard from, still waiting for the other 10.

The commercial hits a real emotional sweet spot for me. It's perfect. It's not the main reason I'm buying the car, but saving the polar bears is definitely in the top 5.

joinarnold said:

Sorry, were all to busy loving the commercial to do that... :ugeek:

StrangerTides said:
Hey, why is the guy's Leaf parked facing forward in his driveway and not plugged in? :roll:

Because he's driving a lithium-powered car and knows that he doesn't have to keep the batteries topped off like the old days with lead-acid. ;)

I charge my lithium powered EV every three days...well, sometimes every five...sometimes twice. whatever.

I love that commercial.

Actually, I loaded it into a digital frame and let it play continuously outside the door to my office. Lots of people comment that they can't wait to take a ride in the car.

joinarnold said:
And you ?

We had this " honest discussion " weeks back. Read this thread. If you have something new to say, let us hear that.

indyflick said:
Don't respond to joinarnold. It's not a single person, it's likely a group spamming the same message across other LEAF forums. Here's the same message posted by felipe. To bad we don't have a banned hammer! :lol:

OK, that is just creepy. It's the same right wing talking points and phrases telling the same story... I was looking for the "vomit" smiley face... but can't seem to find it...?

driveleaf said:
I love that commercial.
A lot of others agree with you. It's already received 800K views on YouTube. Nissan has got to be grinning ear to ear with all the extra free publicity they're getting. Most companies are complaining people are skipping their TV ads with their DVRs while Nissan have people going out of their way to watch their Polar Bear ad. By the way the YouTube ratings are now 2212 Likes to only 176 dislikes that's a 92% approval rating!

TRONZ said:
indyflick said:
Don't respond to joinarnold. It's not a single person, it's likely a group spamming the same message across other LEAF forums. Here's the same message posted by felipe. To bad we don't have a banned hammer! :lol:
OK, that is just creepy. It's the same right wing talking points and phrases telling the same story... I was looking for the "vomit" smiley face... but can't seem to find it...?
They posted the exact same message on this forum earlier. To top it off, the message was originally created from statements from yet another right-wing reactionary nut job blog! This is like third generation I don't give a crap!

Hey evnow, you got the power to add smiley face icons?? Check out the PlanetMinis forum. They have about a hundred smiley icons that are REEEEALLY cool. I am thinking the "bang head on wall" and "whack a troll" might come in handy from time to time.

TRONZ said:
Hey evnow, you got the power to add smiley face icons?? Check out the PlanetMinis forum. They have about a hundred smiley icons that are REEEEALLY cool. I am thinking the "bang head on wall" and "whack a troll" might come in handy from time to time.

No, only the admin can do it.

Suggest in the website forum ... I'd like some nice smilies too. Don't know whether the PlanetMinis will work - but ones from phpbb (see the link at the bottom of the page) should work.

Bouncing this to the top, in honor of International Polar Bear Day. AND posting a cute baby polar bear pic. :)

120227021833-siku-polar-bear-story-top.jpg

(Siku from the Scandinavian Wildlife Park in Denmark)

Back