Nissan to offer loaner cars for long distance driving, maybe

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously the dealership isn't using your car, it will sit there on the lot.

Having a subsidized rental program makes sense. My other car is an ICE but if I could rent a large vehicle at some sort of discount yeah I might.

bernie82 said:
I try to schedule my long distance trips on the weekends. Enterprise rent-a-car has a weekend deal going for $9.99 a day, two day minimum, with 200 miles free and then 10 cents for each additional mile over 200.

Considering the Leaf costs around $40K, such a program would be peanuts to get people into the Leaf.

Lets say up to 15 days a year free rental. $200 or so?

peanuts.

I just got an email from my local dealer indicating that the LEAF now comes with 10 free ICE rentals. There is a link to click on for more info, but (in what is becoming typical of Nissan marketing communications) there is no information about the free rental program there, so I can't tell you much more about it than this. I'm going to switch from iPad to laptop so I can upload a screenshot for you. Be right back.

Edit: Image

Edit 2: Numbered small print:

1. National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) http://nhts.ornl.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. On average the U.S. driver drives 28.97 miles per day.
2. Nissan-vehicle EPA estimates vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.
3. Nissan One to One Rewards membership required. For more information or to enroll in Nissan One to One Rewards, visit nissanonetoonerewards.com. Ten days or "punches" will be credited at time of purchase by your dealer. Each punch is equivalent to one rental period. Rental period is 24 hrs. Punches do not automatically expire at the conclusion of the program. All terms and conditions of this program are at the sole discretion of Nissan North America, Inc., and are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice. Driver of the rental vehicle must be 21 years old or older at time of rental. Program begins June 4, 2012, and ends March 31, 2013.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 72
I have also been told by my dealership that I can get a free rental for longer trips, but I was not provided any details about quantity or time/distance limitations. I almost took them up on it for a weekend trip to upstate NY I did at the end of summer, but decided to just drive our "regular" car instead. I wish now I had taken them up on it just to check it out.

mwalsh said:
Numbered small print:
Nissan One to One Rewards membership required. For more information or to enroll in Nissan One to One Rewards, visit nissanonetoonerewards.com. Ten days or "punches" will be credited at time of purchase by your dealer.
OK, that sounds nice "at time of purchase", but do they mean purchase of the car, or first purchase of anything from the dealer? I had never heard of "One to One Rewards". Is it new? I signed up, and discovered that the only dealer I have bought anything from (other than the lease for the car) is not participating.

Ray

http://view.nissaneventheadquarters.com/?j=fe63157577650c7d7d17&m=fe6c15707466067c7211&ls=fdec1d757d620d7c70157371&l=fe891677746d077a7c&s=fe151d7676630d7e7d1d74&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe22157572650c7a741279&r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GET TEN FREE RENTALS WITH YOUR NISSAN LEAF®.
With the average daily commute in the U.S. less than 30 miles per day*1, the LEAF® is the perfect day-to-day commuter car for just about anyone. But for those longer trips, rest easy knowing you have 10 complimentary fuel-efficient*2 Nissan vehicle rentals at your beck and call*3.
Nissan. Innovation that excites.

*1. National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) http://nhts.ornl.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. On average the U.S. driver drives 28.97 miles per day.
*2. Nissan-vehicle EPA estimates vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.
*3. Nissan One to One Rewards membership required. For more information or to enroll in Nissan One to One Rewards, visit nissanonetoonerewards.com. Ten days or "punches" will be credited at time of purchase by your dealer. Each punch is equivalent to one rental period. Rental period is 24 hrs. Punches do not automatically expire at the conclusion of the program. All terms and conditions of this program are at the sole discretion of Nissan North America, Inc., and are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice. Driver of the rental vehicle must be 21 years old or older at time of rental. Program begins June 4, 2012, and ends March 31, 2013.

https://www.nissanonetoonerewards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

planet4ever said:
mwalsh said:
Numbered small print:
Nissan One to One Rewards membership required. For more information or to enroll in Nissan One to One Rewards, visit nissanonetoonerewards.com. Ten days or "punches" will be credited at time of purchase by your dealer.
OK, that sounds nice "at time of purchase", but do they mean purchase of the car, or first purchase of anything from the dealer? I had never heard of "One to One Rewards". Is it new? I signed up, and discovered that the only dealer I have bought anything from (other than the lease for the car) is not participating.

Ray

Yeah. I think it's on new LEAFs purchased during the noted dates.

I'm a member of the Rewards program, and I think I have like $170 in credit on my card. You get rewards for purchases from the parts, service, and collision repair departments. I didn't get a card with my car purchase, but I did when I went in for my one year service last January, so I don't know if that means it' a fairly new program or not.

planet4ever said:
mwalsh said:
Numbered small print:
I think Nissan started "One to One Rewards" relatively recently. I think I recall seeing a card/some paperwork relating to that at my parents' place. My mom has an 07 Altima Hybrid and usually takes it to Falore (now Sunnyvale) Nissan for maintenance. I think she racked up some rewards from that.

They bought the Altima Hybrid new from Falore.

I was enrolled in One-to-One rewards when I leased my 2012 Altima in February of this year. I leased my Leaf the month before and heard nothing at that time about it. I did, however, get the cars at two different dealers, so that might have something to do with it.

I hope they extend this offer to current Leaf drivers!

Back