NissanConnect No Longer Supported on My Vehicle!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectriCute

2022 Leaf SV

I tried to set up NissanConnect EV & Services, and I got this message, in part:

"We are unable to process your request.

Due to the discontinuation of AT&T's 2G and 3G cellular networks, NC EV Services can no longer be supported on this vehicle."

I'm using an older iPhone 6s+ with the latest IOS system. Not sure what to do now. Is there a replacement phone app I can use? I am under the impression that one can use a phone app to control/view charging, etc, and keep an eye on what's going on with the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LeftieBiker said:
The 2018+ Leafs support 4G. Nissan Connect is a very flaky service. Lots of downtime, and apparently also incorrect error messages.

If it's 4G, then that leaves me out unless I upgrade my iPhone. Are there other third party apps that I can perhaps use in the meantime?

Leftie is talking about the TCU (which is in the car and contains a cellular radio), not your iPhone.

On a tangent, iPhone 6S Plus does support 4G and LTE.
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/specs/apple-iphone-6s-plus-a1634-5.5-inch-att-specs.html
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/specs/apple-iphone-6s-plus-a1687-5.5-inch-global-sprint-verizon-specs.html

cwerdna said:
Leftie is talking about the TCU (which is in the car and contains a cellular radio), not your iPhone.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/specs/apple-iphone-6s-plus-a1634-5.5-inch-att-specs.html
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/specs/apple-iphone-6s-plus-a1687-5.5-inch-global-sprint-verizon-specs.html

Sorry, I'm not too tech savvy. I'm connected with Verizon, and apart from when I'm on WiFi, the phone connects with LTE.

ElectriCute said:
cwerdna said:

Sorry, I'm not too tech savvy. I'm connected with Verizon, and apart from when I'm on WiFi, the phone connects with LTE.

It’s likely a temporary issue with local AT&T network connecting to your Leaf not an issue with your phone.

I connect fine to my 2020 with an older iPhone on Verizon.

Flyct said:
ElectriCute said:
cwerdna said:

It’s likely a temporary issue with local AT&T network connecting to your Leaf not an issue with your phone.

I connect fine to my 2020 with an older iPhone on Verizon.

Thank you. That's reassuring.

I just went through this when I bought my 2022 2 weeks ago. I called the support number a few times speaking with different agents. They all were very nice and tried to correct the problem. Nothing worked. A couple of them told me to take it to the dealer to have the TCU replaced. In the end one agent escalated my car to a higher support level. He told me to not take it to the dealer, the problem was on Nissan’s end. It took two days for him to sort out the issue which is exactly how long he said it would take. Anyway he was great and corrected the problem. He stayed with me on the phone as I walked through the setup until he was sure everything was working as intended. It is. Not a glitch since then. Works great. I way to mention I had a 2019 Mercedes’ and one day everything on the App stopped working. I wasted an hour on the phone with a very nice but totally unhelpful guy that was telling me some of the dumbest things to try I’ve ever heard of. He even said my iPhone, which I update with a new model every year, was never going to work. Turns out something went terribly wrong on their servers. After a month back and forth work them they announced it was on their end but all my settings and data were permanently lost. Great. I stopped using the app right then. I got rid of the car soon after that, but not because of that. Of all the apps for controlling cars I’ve ever owned the best has been, believe it or not, the GM app. The Nissan app at first glance seems as good as the GM app. We’ll see. I used a lot of words to say, call the agent to escalate the problem to a higher support level.

rhinOC said:
I just went through this when I bought my 2022 2 weeks ago. I called the support number a few times speaking with different agents. They all were very nice and tried to correct the problem. Nothing worked. A couple of them told me to take it to the dealer to have the TCU replaced. In the end one agent escalated my car to a higher support level. He told me to not take it to the dealer, the problem was on Nissan’s end. It took two days for him to sort out the issue which is exactly how long he said it would take. Anyway he was great and corrected the problem. He stayed with me on the phone as I walked through the setup until he was sure everything was working as intended. It is. Not a glitch since then. Works great. I way to mention I had a 2019 Mercedes’ and one day everything on the App stopped working. I wasted an hour on the phone with a very nice but totally unhelpful guy that was telling me some of the dumbest things to try I’ve ever heard of. He even said my iPhone, which I update with a new model every year, was never going to work. Turns out something went terribly wrong on their servers. After a month back and forth work them they announced it was on their end but all my settings and data were permanently lost. Great. I stopped using the app right then. I got rid of the car soon after that, but not because of that. Of all the apps for controlling cars I’ve ever owned the best has been, believe it or not, the GM app. The Nissan app at first glance seems as good as the GM app. We’ll see. I used a lot of words to say, call the agent to escalate the problem to a higher support level.

Wow!! All that, and the issue was at Nissan's end. I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm not going through all that. All I want is an app to check and see how my home charging is progressing so it's not left charging too long after it hits 100%.

If anyone know of one, please let me know. Thanks!

I’m certainly not telling you what to do but it wasn’t that bad. Sure it should have been handled more quickly but in the end it was just talking on the phone. As I’ve stated, I’ve gone through much worse tech support situations that after hours/days never did get resolved. Personally as a geeky type, I learned a bit about the system and I found it all interesting. I wouldn’t hesitate to get the app working. I find it extremely useful.

rhinOC said:
I’m certainly not telling you what to do but it wasn’t that bad. Sure it should have been handled more quickly but in the end it was just talking on the phone. As I’ve stated, I’ve gone through much worse tech support situations that after hours/days never did get resolved. Personally as a geeky type, I learned a bit about the system and I found it all interesting. I wouldn’t hesitate to get the app working. I find it extremely useful.

As it stands, I'm expecting a call from an individual working at the dealership where I purchased the car. Apparently an expert with this app. I hope I can get it sorted.

Wow!! All that, and the issue was at Nissan's end. I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm not going through all that. All I want is an app to check and see how my home charging is progressing so it's not left charging too long after it hits 100%.

If that’s all you want there’s no need to use the app for that. Rest assured that your charger WILL shut down as soon as it reaches 100% and will not overcharge. It’s pretty smart. The charger is built into the car. Your home installed wall unit is an EVSE Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment that provides AC voltage to the car’s internal charger.

Flyct said:

If that’s all you want there’s no need to use the app for that. Rest assured that your charger WILL shut down as soon as it reaches 100% and will not overcharge. It’s pretty smart. The charger is built into the car. Your home installed wall unit is an EVSE Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment that provides AC voltage to the car’s internal charger.

That is what I'm concerned about, continuous trickle charging. If it shuts down after it reaches 100%, that's all I need to know. PERFECT! I don't have a dedicated charger at home. I just plug into the dryer receptacle. Same scenario? Thanks for that information.

ElectriCute said:
I don't have a dedicated charger at home. I just plug into the dryer receptacle. Same scenario? Thanks for that information.
Neither do most people (including me). The "charge complete" determination is always done by the car, not the EVSE.

That is what I'm concerned about, continuous trickle charging. If it shuts down after it reaches 100%, that's all I need to know. PERFECT! I don't have a dedicated charger at home. I just plug into the dryer receptacle. Same scenario? Thanks for that information.

Same scenario no matter what source EVSE or receptacle you use. The car controls charging. It will not continue to trickle charge after being fully charged.

When you get you EV app working you will see what is happening. You can set it up to email or text you when charging is complete.

I once had issues with my app not communicating to the car. The rep on the phone removed the car from my account on the app and reinstalled it. After that it communicated fine.

I would push Nissan to get it working.

I use the app a lot;
I use it to check charge % and range prior to taking the 65 mile round trip to town from our remote vacation cabin.
I also use it to lock the doors if it’s outside and we drive away with the other car.
I also use it to turn on the AC 10 minutes before leaving a restaurant do the car interior is cool in the hit Florida sun.

I have car set to start charging so it’s fully charged at 8am. I usually get 5e text that stares “Charging Completed” between 7:30-7:50am.

Flyct said:

Same scenario no matter what source EVSE or receptacle you use. The car controls charging. It will not continue to trickle charge after being fully charged.

When you get you EV app working you will see what is happening. You can set it up to email or text you when charging is complete.

I once had issues with my app not communicating to the car. The rep on the phone removed the car from my account on the app and reinstalled it. After that it communicated fine.

I would push Nissan to get it working.

I use the app a lot;
I use it to check charge % and range prior to taking the 65 mile round trip to town from our remote vacation cabin.
I also use it to lock the doors if it’s outside and we drive away with the other car.
I also use it to turn on the AC 10 minutes before leaving a restaurant do the car interior is cool in the hit Florida sun.

I have car set to start charging so it’s fully charged at 8am. I usually get 5e text that stares “Charging Completed” between 7:30-7:50am.

I'm hoping to get it sorted, perhaps today. Apparently someone at the dealership is fully versed on the app.

I never knew about that feature of turning on the car's AC remotely. That's perfect for our AZ summers.

Back