No Carwings data since May 8

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Leafpals:

I had my car serviced for the 1 year on May 7. No problems. In fact, they did the brake update and now no grabby brakes! But, for some reason, Carwings is not registering my mileage etc. anymore. When I picked up the car I had to reset the timers, but all else was well. I get emails from the car about being plugged in and charging still. It is now May 16 and still no Carwings. I looked in setting on the car and it is set to send data. I re-logged in today, and still no data. Any ideas?

It may not be the car service. I just checked and I don't have any data since May 6. Also, when I tried to log into CarWings, I was forced to acknowledge a consent to receive text messages on my phone.

I called customer service that I have not been able to.update stations. They said many are having the issue. Too many updates. Then I asked what is the data connection? They said 2 g Art. Seems to be plenty of bandwidth.

Our last data received is from 4 May. However, charging and climate control communications remain functional, and we received an update for charging locations this past week. The last time this happened, things were back online in 2-3 weeks and there was never an explanation for the outage.

Same issue here. Carwings works, but gets stuck updating stations and no historical data since the 8th or so.

kieranmullen said:
I called customer service that I have not been able to.update stations. They said many are having the issue. Too many updates. Then I asked what is the data connection? They said 2 g Art. Seems to be plenty of bandwidth.
They may have hit a design error in CarWings. In 2011 whenever I saw "Updating stations" I eagerly watched to see what new station opened in my vicinity. Occasionally there was a new station but almost all of the time I couldn't find a single new station, nor any changed information about any old station. I think what they're doing every day is resending all stations within a certain radius to all cars regardless of any new or changed stations. That worked okay when there were only a few cars and a few charging stations. But maybe now the volume of their brute force "update" has exceeded what the ancient 2G network can handle, and they don't care to fix it since the 2G is going away anyway.

HighDesertDriver said:
Our last data received is from 4 May. However, charging and climate control communications remain functional, and we received an update for charging locations this past week. The last time this happened, things were back online in 2-3 weeks and there was never an explanation for the outage.

The "CarWings server guy" is probably on vacation again. :lol:

drees said:
Same issue here. Carwings works, but gets stuck updating stations and no historical data since the 8th or so.
Yep. On the Carwings web site, I also see no data since May 8th.

As for "updating stations", I'm not sure if it's stuck but yeah, I've noticed that message up on the very frequently and seemingly for long periods of time.

And to think that from the survey mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (which I didn't receive), they're thinking of charging $140 to $200/year for it?

cwerdna said:
drees said:
Yep. On the Carwings web site, I also see no data since May 8th.

As for "updating stations", I'm not sure if it's stuck but yeah, I've noticed that message up on the very frequently and seemingly for long periods of time.

And to think that from the survey mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (which I didn't receive), they're thinking of charging $140 to $200/year for it?

NOW how much would you pay? :lol:

help-me-mr-popeil.jpg

OK, this is interesting. I started this thread. Still no data. So, I figured, what the heck, I'll call Nissan EV support. The person was super friendly and interesting. She told me to go to menu, carwings, settings, information feed settings. Once I did that I saw it was toggled to "never". That is the problem. So, I set it to go on power up.

It must have been reset somehow during my reprogram at the dealership. My timers were lost too so I redid those. So, for those of you with no data, that is apparently the problem!

Not in my case. I set it to Never because it was connecting and busy sending data on startup. Instead we wanted to see the update take place by doing it manually.

Is there a way to see when the last update effectively took place?

dndrich said:
OK, this is interesting. I started this thread. Still no data. So, I figured, what the heck, I'll call Nissan EV support. The person was super friendly and interesting. She told me to go to menu, carwings, settings, information feed settings. Once I did that I saw it was toggled to "never". That is the problem. So, I set it to go on power up.

It must have been reset somehow during my reprogram at the dealership. My timers were lost too so I redid those. So, for those of you with no data, that is apparently the problem!

kieranmullen said:
Not in my case. I set it to Never because it was connecting and busy sending data on startup. Instead we wanted to see the update take place by doing it manually.

Don't know. What I did was disable automatic updates of charging stations. They are not accurate in my area anyway, and I use Plugshare and other apps instead.

IT ADDED NEW STATIONS TODAY.

Comment; You are right... Compared to the plugshare app it stinks! You can exclude in the options quick charge but I find that those would be the only stations I would use, otherwise I would charge at home. No one thought offering that filter. Also there is no station information etc. IN car nav systems are kinda lame. Plus it is 2 years out of date and map updates are $$$ versus free with phone or garmin lifetime updates.

dndrich said:
kieranmullen said:

Don't know. What I did was disable automatic updates of charging stations. They are not accurate in my area anyway, and I use Plugshare and other apps instead.

Very odd -- I just went to the Carwings web app and see it has no driving history for my Leaf later than May 16. But, I know it's connecting back because I see it updating the stations every time I start the car (even though the list isn't at all useful to me). I'll have to check the settings in the car.

I noticed today that my Carwings data stops at May 8, then skips 10 days (even though we used the car every day) and then Carwings has data from May 19.

A couple of days ago I checked and still no data since 5/6. I "signed in" from the nav screen to see if that would help. The password was still stored and I didn't have to re-enter it. Today I checked and all of the data from May8 thru May22 is visible.

Not sure if signing in helped or if it was just another Carwings glitch that took them weeks to fix. I'm still harboring the "someone went on vacation" suspicion. ;)

Back