No Charge to Charge start date

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booper

I'm curious when the 2-year period on "No Charge to Charge" starts - is it based on your vehicle purchase date, or when you enroll your card?

Also, is it VIN-linked in some way, or could you use one card to charge 2 different Leafs?

Thanks - I'm wondering if I can delay activation of my EZ-Charge card, and get a full 2 years service later on when I might need it more.

QueenBee said:
J1772 and CHAdeMO don't send VINs so technically the cards aren't linked to a specific car.
But officially, it'd violate their rules.

From https://www.ez-charge.com/faq/
What if I have two electric vehicles? Can I use one card for both?
If you received your EZ-Charge card, you are prohibited from using the same EZ-Charge card to charge more than one vehicle.

Can everyone in my family use it?
The KIA ChargeUp and No Charge to Charge Program are intended only for charging a single vehicle, so family members can use the same EZ-Charge card for the vehicle that it is associated with. Violation of this provision may result in the deactivation of your card.

Still wondering if No Charge to Charge starts when you register for the program, or do they use a purchase date of the Leaf?

Back