NY Times: Game Over for the Climate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does he mean by "eventually" and approximately how much of the world's fossil fuel reserves to reach this pliocene era level of CO2?

Well, at least I don't live near a coastal area. Unfortunately, the summers here in Ft.Worth are already killer-hot. Not looking forward to adding a few extra degrees to that.

Herm said:
What does he mean by "eventually" and approximately how much of the world's fossil fuel reserves to reach this pliocene era level of CO2?
We are here:

co2_data_mlo.png

The brains that have devoted their lives to figuring out such things strongly recommend we get back down to 350 ppm if we like our summers the way they are. Considering there's an approximately 40 year lag between emission and temperature effect, we've got PLENTY of 'temperature inertia' built into the system already.

Do you really want to nit-pick about exactly which gallon of gasoline should be left in the can in the garage?! :shock: :?

PS - between 500 and 600 ppm, apparently. We'll be there very soon at this rate...
http://www.csmonitor.com/Environmen...aring-Earth-s-current-warming-to-the-Pliocene

Back