NY Times Wheels Article featuring Tony Williams

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanDust

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it. Here is a NY Times article about pilots being early EV adopters. It features our own Tony Williams and his range charts. Very cool. Worth a read.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/early-adopter-pilots-drive-volts-and-leafs/?ref=automobiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TonyWilliams said:
That was quick. We spoke yesterday for fact checking, and a few days ago for the intro stuff. I'll have read it tonight.

Emailed copy to CVE and others at Nissan Japan.

Boomer23 said:
Way to go, Tony! I thought of you immediately when I started seeing headlines online that related to this NYT article.

I'm channeling up to the OC? Wow? Hey, for our meeting on Jan 7, we're going to have a drawing for T-shirts to entice you long haulers down! Plus, nearby charging, lots of principals speaking on QC (of which some will be in the OC). Come on down!

Anybody want another test for a big prize?

TonyWilliams said:
linkim said:
TonyWilliams said:
That was quick. We spoke yesterday for fact checking, and a few days ago for the intro stuff. I'll have read it tonight.

Thanks. It's little things like this that will hopefully keep the buzz !!!
SWEET !!
Yeah, I agree on keeping the buzz--things like this help a lot! Now we just gotta get Jim to make sure he capitalizes LEAF :lol:

TonyWilliams said:
linkim said:
TonyWilliams said:

Thanks. It's little things like this that will hopefully keep the buzz !!!

I forgot to mention here that in my email to Nissan I specifically pointed out Tony Williams as the one who flew up from SD to attend the Dec. 3 meeting at Google. I think Tony had some opportunity to talk with the Nissan folks so they should remember him and his passion for making the LEAF driving experience better.

linkim said:
I forgot to mention here that in my email to Nissan I specifically pointed out Tony Williams as the one who flew up from SD to attend the Dec. 3 meeting at Google. I think Tony had some opportunity to talk with the Nissan folks so they should remember him and his passion for making the LEAF driving experience better.
There's a photo of Tony talking with Nissan's North American Director of Quality for EV's on our Facebook page ;)

Does this put Tony up into the rockstar status now and where women may soon start throwing their underwear at him :)

Back