Oakland Airport EV Parking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricBayArea

I recently took a trip via Oakland Airport and did some research to find a place to park and charge. I thought I'd share the research and experience here so it can help others.

1. OAK Airport Parking
There are 8 free L2 EVSEs at OAK airport that can be had if you park Premiere.
Hourly Rate: $3 per 30 minutes (up to 5 hours)
Day Rate: $36 (5-24 hours)
Coupon: $8 off per day

2. Expresso Parking
They have 3 or 4 L2 EVSEs that can be had if you park Valet. Be forewarned, they are not EV savvy.
Day Rate: $15
Coupon: $5 off per day
Notes: I reached out ahead of time and asked if they wouldn't mind plugging my car in the day I was returning and the guy said they unfortunately don't take requests like that. What they will do is plug it in and cycle it with other cars while you are away. So in order to not constantly top off the car, I set my timer with a Start @ 12:00AM and an End @ 12:00am and Charge to 80%. I also put a piece of paper over the timer override that said "Please do not turn off charging timer, just plug in. Thank you." This way whenever they plugged it in, it would only charge to 80% and stop. Good thing too because in the 3 days I was gone I received 7 or so emails that my LEAF was done charging to 10/12 bars. But in the end, I returned to a charged up LEAF sitting next to 1 LEAF and 2 Volts.

If you have other experience with Oakland Airport EV parking, post it here and I'll do my best at updating the first post.

Back