Observation about GOM and CarWings statistics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epirali

I haven't seen this mentioned but I definitely have noticed that the GOM range is significantly impacted by the current average miles/kwhr in carwings power stats. I have been averaging about 100 mile range, and whenever I charge the guessed range has been in line (80%=78-80 miles, etc). But a couple of times I reset the average value on the carwings (not center console) when I got home for next trip. When I charged to 100% it showed a range of 75 miles, which is odd. This happened a couple of times and now I am sure the current number plays a significant role in range guess.

Tesla just uses the average of last 30 miles of driving, but this is so much better. If true I can reset this number when I change routes or driving styles, and it should result in more accurate range estimation based on conditions (for example more highways, or heater on). This may explain why the GOM is off for some, as a rapid shift in driving style or condition would not get reflected well in the range guess without reset. Or resetting arbitrarily would result in uncorrelated results.

Thoughts?

Wennfred said:
Same thing happen to me, I was seeing 109 - 115 mile on the charge and after reseting that in Carwings. Now I see 70 - 89 mile charge in Eco mode.

Fred

Anyone else notice this? Or has this been discussed before?

My Carwing stats are so inflated I cant really correlate it to my actual stats from the car. There was an update but for one reason or another my LEAF did not qualify for it so I live with lifetime stats that says I am averaging 6.8 miles/kwh (actually is about 4.5) and averaging 1750 miles a month (actually about 1850)

Back