OC register article - let's tell half the story

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Register put my rebuttal online, more or less the same way I submitted it (about 99% so):

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/vehicles-310790-electric-gasoline.html

I would expect that it'd be in the print edition this morning.

mwalsh said:
The Register put my rebuttal online, more or less the same way I submitted it (about 99% so):

And I found it on my google news feed in Georgia before I saw the link above from you. Nice job!

mwalsh said:

Great rebuttal!

I've tried reasoning with Mark over several emails with no success. Maybe a relative owns a gas station. Anyway, he is so dead set against the LEAF and primarily the tax credit, that we maybe should keep an eye out just to see if he gets on the soapbox and tries to demean Mike's rebuttal. At which time I'd suggest we drop the subject and just spread the truth to those that will listen in print and by word of mouth.

The printed version is in the Commentary section of today's OC Register. I still find it a bit unfair that Landsbaum was able to rant to the tune of 1500 words, while my response was limited to 500. There was so much more I could have said!

mwalsh said:
The printed version is in the Commentary section of today's OC Register. I still find it a bit unfair that Landsbaum was able to rant to the tune of 1500 words, while my response was limited to 500. There was so much more I could have said!

you did the best you could. if i had a subscription, i would cancel it.

mwalsh said:
500 words of truth has more impact than 5,000 words of lies.
Don't be discouraged by the limits.

Awesome job on the rebuttal. I would have left out the "liberal" references at the end, knowing the typical reader of the OC Register, since they'll just write off the whole thing as political, and not their side of the political spectrum. Attacking with facts was great.

Been watching the letters page for the last couple of days, thinking that some of the right-wingers might have wanted to have a go at me or otherwise dispute my view of things. Nothing yet, which can only mean that my argument was a cogent one! :D

A conservative friend (yes, I do have those) said he saw my piece but thought Landsbaum had the better argument "because he had quotes from other people". I suggested to him that quotes with incorrect information doesn't mean that what Landsbaum wrote is any more correct. :?

mwalsh said:
A conservative friend (yes, I do have those) said he saw my piece but thought Landsbaum had the better argument "because he had quotes from other people".

Heck, you're welcome to quote me. I even lived in OC once, about 25 years ago. So, I'm an expert.

mwalsh said:
A conservative friend (yes, I do have those) said he saw my piece but thought Landsbaum had the better argument "because he had quotes from other people". I suggested to him that quotes with incorrect information doesn't mean that what Landsbaum wrote is any more correct. :?
Not to mention that you were limited in space...hard to add a bunch of quotes when you're counting every word.

mwalsh said:
OMG! Why do I take this friggin' paper? And why do I live in this friggin' County???? :shock: Today in Letters to the Editor:
The biggest question is "Why is the government relentlessly pushing the electric car?" They plan and promote EV charging stations to lure customers despite the fact that the addition of 100 million electric cars would probably exceed our generating capacity in most parts of the country.

William B. Bingham
Fountain Valley

I'm trying to reconcile his fear of 100 million electric cars, with his complaint about government "relentlessly pushing".... :lol: I doubt there are 100 million iPhones in the US yet, and they cost well under $30,000... but of course they don't have the benefit of a relentless government push...

EricH said:
mwalsh said:
OMG! Why do I take this friggin' paper? And why do I live in this friggin' County???? :shock: Today in Letters to the Editor:
The biggest question is "Why is the government relentlessly pushing the electric car?" They plan and promote EV charging stations to lure customers despite the fact that the addition of 100 million electric cars would probably exceed our generating capacity in most parts of the country.

William B. Bingham
Fountain Valley

I'm trying to reconcile his fear of 100 million electric cars, with his complaint about government "relentlessly pushing".... :lol: I doubt there are 100 million iPhones in the US yet, and they cost well under $30,000... but of course they don't have the benefit of a relentless government push...

Clearly, the government is pushing EVs to curtail our freedom of movement, our ability to pick up and go anywhere at anytime, and to be able to better track us.

Maybe those that call a 200,000 vehicle tax credit that will expire "relentlessly pushing" aren't aware that in the first quarter of this year GM, Chrysler and Ford built about 2,500,000 cars.

ERG4ALL said:
Maybe those that call a 200,000 vehicle tax credit that will expire "relentlessly pushing" aren't aware that in the first quarter of this year GM, Chrysler and Ford built about 2,500,000 cars.
But that will last forever... No demand, remember? :) They can say that with a straight face because they believe the lies they spew forth.

Back