Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If two cars is an option you might trya project car. I bought a car for $800 and I have a mechanic who will put 1500 to 2000 into it to make it roadworthy. The reason why I am doing this is because I only need a gas car a handful of times a month.we shall see

DaveinOlyWA said:
If two cars is an option you might trya project car. I bought a car for $800 and I have a mechanic who will put 1500 to 2000 into it to make it roadworthy. The reason why I am doing this is because I only need a gas car a handful of times a month.we shall see

haha says the guy in Olympia. I'm in Santa Monica, where finding parking for a second car is a part-time job! But that is a good idea!

malloryk said:
Test drove the C-MAX Energi last night in Santa Monica. Really liked it, very nice ride and the interior felt upscale. On a black on black with the 302A package, they quoted me 0 down, $421 a month (including tax, and they rolled in the final two payments on my Leaf and the $395 disposition fee). I passed, but what do you guys think?
Wife's C-Max Energi has 5.3k after 6 months. Reliably gets 20 mile non-freeway range on a 2 hour, 7kWh charge, so getting 2.8Mi/kWh on EV now, and ~43mpg on EV later. Ours has 303A with AutoPark, which works well when jousting for street parking in San Francisco :) Be sure to open the hatchback and confirm you can live with the shoebox volume. IF your normal commuting allows you to stay inside 20 mile EV range, I'd recommend it. We paid MSRP in May, better deals now. More pricing info HERE.

KeiJidosha said:
malloryk said:
Test drove the C-MAX Energi last night in Santa Monica. Really liked it, very nice ride and the interior felt upscale. On a black on black with the 302A package, they quoted me 0 down, $421 a month (including tax, and they rolled in the final two payments on my Leaf and the $395 disposition fee). I passed, but what do you guys think?
Wife's C-Max Energi has 5.3k after 6 months. Reliably gets 20 mile non-freeway range on a 2 hour, 7kWh charge, so getting 2.8Mi/kWh on EV now, and ~43mpg on EV later. Ours has 303A with AutoPark, which works well when jousting for street parking in San Francisco :) Be sure to open the hatchback and confirm you can live with the shoebox volume. IF your normal commuting allows you to stay inside 20 mile EV range, I'd recommend it. We paid MSRP in May, better deals now. More pricing info HERE.

Thanks, KeiJidosha! So your wife likes the car so far? Any problems like Consumer Reports had? Yeah, my commute is short so I think I'd be able to use EV most of the time.

Well, for what it is worth, a co-worker has one and suffered a failure that disabled the car. It has been at Ford for three weeks now while they try to figure it out...

malloryk said:
Thanks, KeiJidosha! So your wife likes the car so far? Any problems like Consumer Reports had? Yeah, my commute is short so I think I'd be able to use EV most of the time.

malloryk said:
...So your wife likes the car so far? Any problems like Consumer Reports had? Yeah, my commute is short so I think I'd be able to use EV most of the time.
C-Max Energi replaced an 04 Nissan Murano. She misses the opening sun roof and the tighter turning radius, but is otherwise very happy with the car. No problems with ours, but have read about power steering failure in hot temps on C-Max blog. Our car is also pending several early manufacture recalls that new production will already have addressed. CR counts steep infotainment learning curve against My Ford Touch vehicles (most Energi’s have MFT). Unreliable seems to contain a fair amount of unintuitive.

malloryk said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

haha says the guy in Olympia. I'm in Santa Monica, where finding parking for a second car is a part-time job! But that is a good idea!

oh ya, no parking problem here. I have my nephew's van and my Sister's truck parked at my house because they don't have room for either right now although the truck is temporary until they get some driveway work done.

mwalsh said:
Mallory...you asked me about our Volt, right? 42 miles EV and 40mpg thereafter. Very happy with it (though it's only been 2 months).

Yes. I'm still considering the Volt. I need to go test drive one. I test drove a Prius last weekend (they didn't have any plug-ins on the lot) and it was meh. Thanks everyone for the input! I really liked the Energi so it's at the top of my list right now.

malloryk said:
drees said:
malloryk said:
Lease, for 36 months, 10,500 miles. I probably won't end up buying the car but he was giving me $500 off invoice.
You can do better, it looks like Ford has a lot of dealer incentives on the Energi right now.

He mentioned a $5000 dealer rebate and he added another $1000. But good to know, I will shop around!

Had a couple of email lease quotes from dealers in the Raleigh, NC area. $330/month for 24 months @12K miles/year, $318/month for 36 months @12k miles/year (including taxes/tags/first month payment only due). This was on a CMAX energi with no options. MSRP $33,475 including destination.

$2k in bonus cash and $4k in Red Carpet Lease cash. X-plan pricing - CAP cost is ~$27,250

Haven't gone in to fully vet offers an am still on the fence between CMAX and Leaf.

cheapdad00 said:
Had a couple of email lease quotes from dealers in the Raleigh, NC area. $330/month for 24 months @12K miles/year, $318/month for 36 months @12k miles/year (including taxes/tags/first month payment only due). This was on a CMAX energi with no options. MSRP $33,475 including destination.
I would just find it hard to swallow those numbers being you can get a Volt for less money, which is a superior vehicle.

we have the loaded energI.great addition to the leaf.averaging 85-95 mpg, now.nothing broken.upscale,quiet interior.realy like it& got a great deal 2 months ago.

adric22 said:
cheapdad00 said:
I would just find it hard to swallow those numbers being you can get a Volt for less money, which is a superior vehicle.

Perhaps, but I am tall and big so ingress and egress (ingress mainly) are a challenge in a sedan, kept bumping my head getting into the fusion energi. I need seating for 5 a couple of times a month. So right now am between leaf and cmax because they are taller. Currently driving a full size suv, but am prepared to make the switch to save on fuel.

I did it! I just got back from the dealership and I'm leasing a CMAX Energi! It's not here yet, it's on a train in Illinois right now, so I should get it the week of Thanksgiving. They are rolling my final payment and my $395 disposition fee with Nissan into the lease. I'm paying 0 down, $350 a month for a sterling gray, black leather interior with 302A package. I'm sure I could've gotten a better deal elsewhere but honestly, it's what I want to pay a month without having to put anything down and I really liked how no-pressure and hassle-fee Santa Monica Ford was to work with. I was out of there in 15 minutes. I'm so busy with other things going on in my life right now, all this researching cars and test-driving them and negotiating with dealerships... I just don't have time to focus on it anymore. I test drove a Volt yesterday and really liked it. It really is a great car, with a nice smooth ride. BUT, I Iove the Energi and it felt more "me." I'm so excited! I will miss my Leaf but I'm committed to the EV revolution and I'm sure someday, I will go back to a pure EV. I love this forum and I've met some really cool, smart, super nice people on it so I'm sure I'll be hanging around and checking in even though I'm no longer a Leafer.

malloryk said:
I did it! I just got back from the dealership and I'm leasing a CMAX Energi! It's not here yet, it's on a train in Illinois right now, so I should get it the week of Thanksgiving. They are rolling my final payment and my $395 disposition fee with Nissan into the lease. I'm paying 0 down, $350 a month for a sterling gray, black leather interior with 302A package. I'm sure I could've gotten a better deal elsewhere but honestly, it's what I want to pay a month without having to put anything down and I really liked how no-pressure and hassle-fee Santa Monica Ford was to work with. I was out of there in 15 minutes. I'm so busy with other things going on in my life right now, all this researching cars and test-driving them and negotiating with dealerships... I just don't have time to focus on it anymore. I test drove a Volt yesterday and really liked it. It really is a great car, with a nice smooth ride. BUT, I Iove the Energi and it felt more "me." I'm so excited! I will miss my Leaf but I'm committed to the EV revolution and I'm sure someday, I will go back to a pure EV. I love this forum and I've met some really cool, smart, super nice people on it so I'm sure I'll be hanging around and checking in even though I'm no longer a Leafer.

So why did you choose cmax energi over leaf? I am leaning that way as well but am interested in other people's reasons.

cheapdad00 said:
So why did you choose cmax energi over leaf? I am leaning that way as well but am interested in other people's reasons.

After almost 3 years with the Leaf, I notice the range loss so on those days when I'm driving a lot, having to stop to charge, even at a free quick charging station, is a hassle. Especially if you're 3rd in line to use it. My typical daily commute is only 4 miles, but there are those days when I need to drive from Santa Monica to Long Beach and back, and then up to the Valley and back to Santa Monica. Or down to San Diego to meet up with a friend. I'm a single-car household so it was really inconvenient. So I think with the Energi, the small battery pack will meet most of my driving needs and my work has charging stations, and then I'll have the gas engine when I need it.

malloryk said:

Hi Mallory! My sister in Mar Vista just got one from Santa Monica Ford, too. She was very happy with process there. Have fun with it!

I'll be curious to hear how it works out for you. My wife is still pressuring me to get a Cmax Energi when our Leaf lease is up (and I'll be driving the Volt) but unfortunately if she drives the Cmax we'll have a gas bill again because she has a 40 mile round trip commute. And with her lead-footedness I know the ICE will have to kick on for her to accelerate the way she likes to.

Back