Official Mercedes B-class EV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is like other MBs, yes. But having had it in a BMW, I kind of came to like it. It doesn't happen very often and it is not intrusive, and it is a good safety feature...

gsleaf said:
In this vehicle they mention there is a driving assist feature that causes the steering wheel to vibrate. Does anyone know if you can disable that vibration?

http://insideevs.com/mercedes-benz-b-class-ed-first-drive-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomT said:
... Plus, it bothers me just a little to aid Toyota in their compliance scam...

I suspect that that the MBZ ED is more or less a compliance scam too, with the only difference they are not as much upfront about it as Toyota.

Valdemar said:
I suspect that that the MBZ ED is more or less a compliance scam too, with the only difference they are not as much upfront about it as Toyota.
MB is more like FFE - they are selling because of CARB - but instead of doing just a handful in CA only - MB is saying we will try making something out of this necessity by selling in a lot of states and may be learn something.

So, we'll have

"pure" compliance cars
- RAV4EV
- Fiat 500
- Chevy Spark
- Fit EV

Compliance like low volume cars
- FFE
- Mitsu I
- MB

Want to sell as many as possible
- Leaf
- Tesla
- BMW i3

The fact that they plan to release it in all fifty states starting early next year - versus ONE state for Toyota and only building exactly enough to satisfy the CARB requirement - makes me think not...

Valdemar said:
TomT said:
... Plus, it bothers me just a little to aid Toyota in their compliance scam...

So, i3 & MB will be the same price. I think I'd prefer MB with 50% more battery, more utility and actually practical for a family with small kids.

http://insideevs.com/breaking-mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-priced-41450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mercedes-Benz has just announced that the 2015 B-Class Electric Drive will come with a base MSRP of $41,450 in the US when it hits dealerships starting this Summer.

“…B-Class ED will be available starting summer 2014 at authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers in select states — CA, CT, MD, OR, NJ, NY, RI and VT — and then nationwide in early 2015.”

But we hear that the launch is actually moving a bit ahead of schedule.

At $41,450, the B-Class ED is essentially the same (+$100) price as the BEV version of the BMW i3, which has a base MSRP of $41,350.

Also, why is it a full second slower than the Rav4EV? It's at 7.9 seconds while the Rav4EV is 6.9 seconds. The i3 is closer to the Rav4 at ~7 seconds.

Different inverter power levels, different software, different calibration... Regardless, they are all rockets compared to the Leaf which is around 10...

eHelmholtz said:
Also, why is it a full second slower than the Rav4EV? It's at 7.9 seconds while the Rav4EV is 6.9 seconds. The i3 is closer to the Rav4 at ~7 seconds.

From a comment by Jay Cole on InsideEV's article on the car's pricing...

Just as a heads-up/teaser we will be doing a follow-up piece shortly pricing out all the options and the additional “range package”

The plot thickens...

That is well up on the ludicrous scale! Five grand for about 8 miles more range! Such a deal!!!

Valdemar said:
Let's see, for a very reasonable fee of $5000 MBZ will unlock additional 2kwh that's not accessible in the base model?

evnow said:
TonyWilliams said:
You guys can convert that all to US - English Imperial measure. It's VERY efficient and much bigger than LEAF.

Ford C-Max in Europe is not the one you get here. There it is much bigger. I think it is called Grand C-Max, there.

Exactly right... I am a portly man... and I find that the CMAX is too tight in the shoulder dimension... otherwise great car... esp the fusion model.

As for the Mercedes... I tried it and it was quite a bit lower to get into and narrower like the CMAX when I was seated.

LOVE my LEAF, not perfect but what is?

TomT said:
That is well up on the ludicrous scale! Five grand for about 8 miles more range! Such a deal!!!

Valdemar said:
Let's see, for a very reasonable fee of $5000 MBZ will unlock additional 2kwh that's not accessible in the base model?

But these 2kwh come with everything you can expect from an established European luxury brand!

TomT said:
You mean German Kilowatts are different from, say, Korean Kilowatts??? :lol:

Valdemar said:
But these 2kwh come with everything you can expect from an established European luxury brand!

Somehow they so far successfully managed to charge customers more for their cars than for similar offerings from Korea, so why stop there ;) This was a joke. I have no idea what this range package is all about. May well be just more aerodynamic bumper skirts.

$42,375

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12686540/1/driving-the-mercedes-electric-car-all-for-4237500.html?cm_ven_int=morej" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can someone explain what exactly does this mean? What is max available capacity of their traction battery?

Range, according to Mercedes-Benz, is estimated at 85 miles on the EPA standard, but we believe that can be boosted significantly higher by selecting “Range Mode” when charging the B-Class...

Back