OpenEVSE - Open Source Charging Station

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gobble said:
I've been checking the ordering page just about every day and they're slow coming.

I sincerely appoligize for the delay. Things are moving now... I just posted an update.

ate 7/10 Things are finally moving, after every possible delay you could think of gold phoenix has commuted to shipping the first 10 tomorrow via fedex and the second 90 once I approve the test batch. I guess they were a bit off when they quoted 19 days (5 for PCBs production and 14 for assembly) way back on 4/30

Thanks for the update.

I've been wondering where mine is, but since I knew you had the order, I didn't feel the need to ping you. I'll look forward to seeing it when it gets here.

I have a question about the Assembly Guide at http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/wiki/AssemblyGuide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and how the finely stranded conductors of the Leviton A3435-PEV 30 amp J1772 cable and terminated. All the wires except the ground wire are crimped into various connectors, while the ground wire just goes directly into a set-screw connector on the ground bar.

Is this ground bar rated to accept finely stranded conductors? My understanding is that typical set screw connector are limited to Class B stranding, and that anything more finely stranded should have a sleeve crimped on the wires before going into the set screw connector. See, for example, "Using Fine Stranded Wire with Mechanical Lugs", http://static.schneider-electric.us/docs/Circuit%20Protection/0515DB0301.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers, Wayne

I have a cool announcement coming in a few days, lots of new stuff and more complete kits...

Here is a teaser, I'll post another tomorrow and for the next few days starting little and working our way up...

Speaking of little this new board is 1" x 1"...

9295158268_b002e6d940_m.jpg

chris1howell said:
I have a cool announcement coming in a few days, lots of new stuff and more complete kits...

Here is a teaser, I'll post another tomorrow and for the next few days starting little and working our way up...

Even the teaser pic is teaser size. I wanted 15MP!

z0ner said:
chris1howell said:

Even the teaser pic is teaser size. I wanted 15MP!

If it was 15MP it would be too easy to figure out what it is...

gobble said:
I'm on the fence do that would certainly appeal to me. The parts all add up.

If you don't mind soldering through hole parts you will be able to save quite a bit.

Here is another teaser. This is 1 of 4 new through hole products designed to lower total cost...

9299530309_2a92e74242_m.jpg

chris1howell said:
If you don't mind soldering through hole parts you will be able to save quite a bit.

Here is another teaser. This is 1 of 4 new through hole products designed to lower total cost...

9299530309_2a92e74242_m.jpg
Does this new toy supports both 30Amp and 75Amp Open EVSE?

That is a discrete display module. It does not care what it is attached to. It is a cleaner version of the Adafruit shield and it includes the RTC. The first item looks like an I2C remote charging led driver.

GlennD said:
That is a discrete display module. It does not care what it is attached to. It is a cleaner version of the Adafruit shield and it includes the RTC. The first item looks like an I2C remote charging led driver.

Glenn you are two for two...

I believe you are working on more inexpensive revisions to compete price wise on the JucieBox, without scrimping on safety. Very Commendable! Bravo Chris!

gobble said:
What's the juicebox? It looks like a scam fundraiser.
I don't think so. It looks like a legitimate garage startup. Of course there's no guarantee that they will succeed, but I've seen nothing to suggest they aren't honest.

Back