Options Discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
Not that I really want it, but I'm surprised that there has been no mention of an alarm system as either standard or an option.

I don't believe that Nissan produces any vehicle currently without a vehicle security system. They have all had them for quite some time. The official "features and specs" page on the LEAF site is woefully lacking in the details. I would be astounded if they do not update that page prior to making orders available.

evnow said:
planet4ever said:
Not that I really want it, but I'm surprised that there has been no mention of an alarm system as either standard or an option.

True.

Even on the lowly Versa Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System is standard. Vehicle Security System comes with the higher trim.

I think Leaf will have both as standards.

The spec sheet has:

# Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
# Vehicle Security System

that would be for both trim levels

LEAFguy said:
I would be astounded if they do not update that page prior to making orders available.

Nothing yet. This is for Altima ...

http://www.nissanusa.com/altima/specifications.html

It is actually mentioned ...

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index?intcmp=.Electric_Car_Reserve.Promo.Homepage.Home.P2#/leaf-electric-car/specs-features/index

safety and security
Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat-belt and occupant-classification sensors 6
Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags 6
Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front- and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection 6
Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) 7 with Traction Control System (TCS)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
Vehicle Security System

evnow said:

Exactly. That is what I expect to see for the LEAF prior to ordering. Else how can one make a proper decision? I have owned Datsuns/Nissans for a very long time. The products are very good. The marketing leaves a lot to be desired. We have seen a fair share of that with the LEAF.

LEAFguy said:
evnow said:

Exactly. That is what I expect to see for the LEAF prior to ordering. Else how can one make a proper decision? I have owned Datsuns/Nissans for a very long time. The products are very good. The marketing leaves a lot to be desired. We have seen a fair share of that with the LEAF.

Golly - the Altima site doesn't seem to have lots of asterisks stating that anything there is subject to change at any time. Now why can't they make a bit more of a commitment to Leaf features - at least the one's they've nailed down already - which hopefully is 98.9% of them.

Leaf marketing does seem to be behind the curve

Japanese nouns don't have singular or plural. If it's more than one you just state the number (or use a word like 'many'). Zero emission is a literal translation of the Japanese, but the term is also in common use in standard American English in the industry. E.g. Calif. ZEV program

This seems like a reasonable thread to pose the question...

M94 Recycling/Organizational Package $225
What is this?

Is it like the Cargo Area organizer ($135) on the Versa?
http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/accessories.html
If so, then why is it $90 more?

It is hard to tell what is going on there, compared to simply having a cargo mat. Does the organizer rest up against the back seat (and potentially restrict back seat movement)? Or does it sink in, below where the mat would be? Confused!

Also:
B94 Protection Package $225
What is this?!

I'm sorry if the answers to these basic questions have already been posted elsewhere... My friend, the google, hasn't really helped much... Hoping others may know. Thanks.

mycomya said:
M94 Recycling/Organizational Package $225
What is this?
While going through the ordering I screen-grabbed the whole thing. Each screen detailed the options. I tried to type it verbatim - the lowercase weirdness is how it was on the site:
keep your cargo area neat with this handy organizer. it fits the floor-well of your Nissan LEAF perfectly to keep groceries, gear, or anything else you might be carrying secure and in place. it even comes with its own custom "Save the Earth" Nissan Leaf shopping and recycling bags.
features:
  • includes three (3) Nissan LEAF grocery bags
  • comes with a supply of recycling bags
mycomya said:
B94 Protection Package $225
keep the appearance of your Nissan LEAF pristine with this protection package. designed to fit flawlessly over nose and rear bumper, this clear vinyl coating provides a protective barrier between your LEAF's finish and the elements.
features:

•nose protection
•rear bumper protection
•eco-friendly
•extremely lightweight

edit : This is for Versa. Leaf doesn't talk about "flat cargo floor when the seats are folded down".

Get super-organized with movable dividers that let you customize the cargo space. When you close the lid to conceal your cargo, you have a flat cargo floor when the seats are folded down.

Made of sturdy black plastic
Water-resistant and durable
Easy to install
Available in two colors to match the interior

This is nice - long time back there was some discussion about this - that it would be cool to get a flat area when the seats are folded down. This would also be useful to get stuff from costco ...

Screen shots of all options ...

http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-leaf-ordering-starts-today-minor-hiccups-overcome-65279.html

Rat said:
Japanese nouns don't have singular or plural. If it's more than one you just state the number (or use a word like 'many'). Zero emission is a literal translation of the Japanese, but the term is also in common use in standard American English in the industry. E.g. Calif. ZEV program

Actually, Japanese nouns ONLY have singular. For instance, if there are some apples on the table and they ate two of them, they say, "I ate two apple." or "I saw many car on the freeway." Correct English (U.S.) for zero emission would be zero emissions, not emission, whether it is in the U.S. industry or not. That's one reason why I'm not getting the ECO package. The other reason is I don't want to brag TOO much, lol. ;)

evnow, where did you get the screen shot of this that you posted in "Leaf size" forum topic that is now locked? I have never seen any detailed descriptions of the LEAF accessories and would like to read about them before I order (Sept). Thanks.

Edit: Found link to screen shots in your previous post. Thanks for link.

Azrich said:
evnow, where did you get the screen shot of this that you posted in "Leaf size" forum topic that is now locked? I have never seen any detailed descriptions of the LEAF accessories and would like to read about them before I order (Sept). Thanks.

Edit: Found link to screen shots in your previous post. Thanks for link.

I didn't realize the thread was in "ask nissan" locked forum. I've moved it to the main forum now.

Does anyone know where the cargo net accessory attaches in the cargo area? It's only $20 and that is very inexpensive for a Nissan accessory.

evnow said:
When you close the lid to conceal your cargo, you have a flat cargo floor when the seats are folded down.
This is the text on the Versa Cargo Organizer from Nissan's website, and this text is not present in the screen shot for the Leaf Cargo Organizer. Does anyone know if this will be true for the Leaf?

Thanks, Wayne

Was the question ever answered about having heated seats and steering wheel standard. I did not see it on the list of options or standard features when I ordered. I'm assuming it is part of the "cold weather package" that will be available once the car is rolled out to the "colder" states. Not that the Tahoe/Truckee area of CA ever gets cold :roll: .

Ready2plugin said:
Was the question ever answered about having heated seats and steering wheel standard. I did not see it on the list of options or standard features when I ordered. I'm assuming it is part of the "cold weather package" that will be available once the car is rolled out to the "colder" states. Not that the Tahoe/Truckee area of CA ever gets cold :roll: .

Not standard, and no option currently listed. Reasonable assumption to include them with the cold weather package. Probably late availability.

Back