Orange light on inside of roof near reading lights?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkutter

quick question - on the leaf, sometimes I see a small orange light go on. Its part of the roof on the inside, near the front where the reading lights are for the front passengers. Have no idea what it does or what it means. Any ideas?

That is correct. It shines directly down on the gear shifter knob so you can see it in the dark. If you are sitting in the car, in the complete dark, cover up the little orange light and look down at the shifter. You should be able to see what Nissan was trying to do there.

tkutter said:
quick question - on the leaf, sometimes I see a small orange light go on. Its part of the roof on the inside, near the front where the reading lights are for the front passengers. Have no idea what it does or what it means. Any ideas?

It means your headlights are on.

jcan said:
Your headlights are on "auto on"

Must be a setting that the poster has not discovered yet. Nor I for that matter, but I did figure out the orange light. Prius has one too, so that was easy.

So Leaf has an auto on setting? Need to read the manual, but unfortunately, about 95% of the stuff is so simple that it makes for hard reading.

My cheapo Corolla has daytime running lights that shut off automatically when I power down. It detects light via a sensor and switches to full lights at night. Why that feature never caught on mystifies me.....

cdherman said:
Must be a setting that the poster has not discovered yet. Nor I for that matter, ...
Since you have an SL, it's just one notch counter-clockwise on the light switch from the off position. The center console display provides a sensitivity setting. Starting with the Menu button on right side of the display:
Settings -> Comfort & Convenience -> Light Sensitivity

Ray

Back