Orlando Orders/Dealerships/Pricing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafhopeful

Got my invitation to order late last week. First dealer--Bill Ray Nissan--didn't get the quote together within the 24 hours. Got an automated email response from them telling me registrations for Leafs would open again in May (?). Got a follow-up voice mail clearly indicating they were not familiar with the process.

Switched to Universal Nissan. Got a quote that included an extra dealer "addendum" for a $1,000--but that included paint protection, scotchguard, a pin-stripe and nitrogen in the tires. I indicated I wasn't interested. They didn't counter.

...still looking....

Placed an order with Sutherlin Nissan. John Leone is the internet contact. MSRP. No dealer addendums, etc. Great to work with!

Ordered confirmed Wednesday...

Any other Orlando deals confirmed?

hodad66 said:
on the Nissan site they are being shown as not certified yet.......

Just took over a previous dealership. The Ft. Myers Sutherlin Nissan dealer is certified. Web site will soon update to show Orlando dealership certified

I'm trying to buy a white SL. The City of Winter Park installed three free charging stations near my work. Free gas! Sutherlin has a blue & silver in stock and quoted $38,935. Bill Ray quoted $38,749, Reed quoted $38,700 and Universal quoted $36,387. They all told me to sign up on the Nissan website and wait until March/April.

Not sure why most of the quotes are $700+ over MSRP. Is the $850 "destination charge" standard for Florida?

I believe everyone has to pay the $850 destination charge, Nissan's charge for transporting the vehicle. Every Nissan dealer I have encountered here in FL so far charges a $700 "dealer fee", extra profit for them. :(

leafhopeful said:
Any other orders confirmed in Central Florida?

I got mine Dec 17th from Sutherlin Nissan at MSRP. Although I haven't seen others, I was told be John Leone (salesman at Sutherlin Nissan) that he sold, I believe it was about 10 others. Whatever the number, it was a small amount, and most of those went to OUC.

The company that installed the home charger back in Dec 15th said that had installed about 7 chargers in central florida at that point.

Thanks for the replies. tjbrinson - did you negotiate to get MSRP? As far as I know, MSRP for the 2012 SL is $37,250. Did you pay the $850 "destination charge"?

mcochris said:
Thanks for the replies. tjbrinson - did you negotiate to get MSRP? As far as I know, MSRP for the 2012 SL is $37,250. Did you pay the $850 "destination charge"?

I did pay a destination charge, not sure how much though. Did not have to negotiate for MSRP, was $37,250 Sutherlin Nissan. I called them first because they are close to my residence, and decide to work with them because they offered MSRP.

Back