[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVDRIVER said:
The Bay Area $700 programs says really nothing. Still no details and no way to apply for or get the funds.
Jeez, EVDriver, do you ever have anything nice to say! David posted a simple message here telling about a some additional features their website is now displaying, which also provides links to other agency's sites. That BAAQMD hasn't finalized their plans is not David's nor CCSE's fault.

Not even a courteous "Thanks, David" before the criticism.

Oh well, David didn't provide a SOC meter either. I'm surprised you didn't somehow work that into your post.

Rant Off

Glenn said:
EVDRIVER said:
The Bay Area $700 programs says really nothing. Still no details and no way to apply for or get the funds.
Jeez, EVDriver, do you ever have anything nice to say! David posted a simple message here telling about a some additional features their website is now displaying, which also provides links to other agency's sites. That BAAQMD hasn't finalized their plans is not David's nor CCSE's fault.

Not even a courteous "Thanks, David" before the criticism.

Oh well, David didn't provide a SOC meter either. I'm surprised you didn't somehow work that into your post.

Rant Off

Glenn,

My comment had nothing to do with David or their site whatsoever, I was referring to the BAAQMD. They have been "almost" finalizing this for some time now, fine. But now they state $700 rebates but with no details about when, who, how,etc. Why don't they just post something with details when it's done. People are getting EVs and they can't figure out there options, this info is only confusing to those that have not followed this for some time, it's more confusing then helpful. It goes in circles which is where they have been with this for some time. So what's new?

For such a prolific poster here you sure jump the gun.

Center4Energy said:
In addition to remaining and allocated rebate funding, the site now offers information on the number of rebates by vehicle type and the amount of rebate dollars allocated.
That's great! It really helps us understand what's going on.

One comment, though - I was confused by the pie chart until I read its heading carefully. I was expecting a chart by dollars rather than by numbers. A dollars chart would have had a very different appearance!

planet4ever said:
Center4Energy said:
In addition to remaining and allocated rebate funding, the site now offers information on the number of rebates by vehicle type and the amount of rebate dollars allocated.
That's great! It really helps us understand what's going on.

One comment, though - I was confused by the pie chart until I read its heading carefully. I was expecting a chart by dollars rather than by numbers. A dollars chart would have had a very different appearance!

Yeah, 20% of the cars took 60% of the dollars.

palmermd said:
Yeah, 20% of the cars took 60% of the dollars.
Except that those were trucks, not cars. It looks like we're going to be seeing quite a few electric delivery trucks running around, which is great, from a global perspective. Wouldn't it be nice if they upgraded those big, ugly, brown, UPS trucks? It could be a total corporate makeover. UPS TURNS GREEN!

I like the new pie graphs! That's exactly the information I was curious about.

I hope to see some of these ZEV Trucks on the road, since it seems they've got their act together in the rebate area.

planet4ever said:
Except that those were trucks, not cars. It looks like we're going to be seeing quite a few electric delivery trucks running around, which is great, from a global perspective. Wouldn't it be nice if they upgraded those big, ugly, brown, UPS trucks? It could be a total corporate makeover. UPS TURNS GREEN!
Yep - I suspect that a lot of those trucks put a LOT more miles / year than your typical car.

And since those trucks are more expensive, but have lower operating costs - the companies buying them have more incentive to put as many miles on the electric trucks rather than the diesel trucks.

The CVRP Program page showed that those who have reserved funds are starting to get paid. There was a surge in payouts of $173,400 today. So you folks who submitted your requests should be getting paid soon, methinks.

The total remaining funds changed by only one "LEAF's worth" today, showing that someone probably submitted a reservation request recently.

Still over $2 million, about 400 LEAF's worth, remaining of the initial fund and the additional $6 million plus of new funding hasn't been added to the site yet.

Boomer23 said:
The CVRP Program page showed that those who have reserved funds are starting to get paid. There was a surge in payouts of $173,400 today. So you folks who submitted your requests should be getting paid soon, methinks.

The total remaining funds changed by only one "LEAF's worth" today, showing that someone probably submitted a reservation request recently.

Still over $2 million, about 400 LEAF's worth, remaining of the initial fund and the additional $6 million plus of new funding hasn't been added to the site yet.

Thanks for the update Boomer

Got an email from Kyle at the CVRP this morning. Watch your mailboxes in the next couple of days because he sent checks out yesterday!!!

malloryk said:
Got an email from Kyle at the CVRP this morning. Watch your mailboxes in the next couple of days because he sent checks out yesterday!!!
Great. It must be nice getting the check with a "5" and three "zeros" after it.
It'll be even better after you deposit the check at the bank! Sure eases the pain
of the initial outlay, and must be nice knowing it's a done deal. :D

malloryk said:
I'm so relieved since I can't e-file my taxes and get my refund back quickly.

I think you might be referring to a 'regular' tax refund that you anticipate for 2010 based on some level of over-withholding last year, unrelated to the Leaf, but just to clarify, for those of us who took delivery in 2011, the federal tax credit for the Leaf applies to your 2011 taxes, so except for gudy and reeler, nobody else in California is going to see that particular money for another year or so...

wsbca said:
malloryk said:
I'm so relieved since I can't e-file my taxes and get my refund back quickly.

I think you might be referring to a 'regular' tax refund that you anticipate for 2010 based on some level of over-withholding last year, unrelated to the Leaf, but just to clarify, for those of us who took delivery in 2011, the federal tax credit for the Leaf applies to your 2011 taxes, so except for gudy and reeler, nobody else in California is going to see that particular money for another year or so...

I'm actually referring to the evil form 8911 (the alternative vehicle fueling credit for my EVSE installed in 2010). That form isn't supported by TurboTax's software (and as far as I can tell, H&R Block's either) so I have to snail-mail my taxes in. I tried to do IRS's free form filing last night at home but their site was having problems and their tech support doesn't work at night. I was counting on getting that money back quickly after e-filing.

malloryk said:
I'm actually referring to the evil form 8911 (the alternative vehicle fueling credit for my EVSE installed in 2010).

Gotcha. We're similarly stuck waiting for 2/14(?) when we can file an itemized return including our 2010 solar install triggering a refund to help the Leaf-impacted cashflow.

Hopefully we'll all have checks from Kyle in today's mail!!

malloryk said:

Nice! Or at least nice if mine is amongst them. I didn't get an email from Kyle yesterday (though I can understand why he'd prefer to email Mallory over me! ;) ). The last I heard from Kyle was on the 10th, where he said he was waiting on accounting to cut the checks so he could mail them.

mwalsh said:
malloryk said:

Nice! Or at least nice if mine is amongst them. I didn't get an email from Kyle yesterday (though I can understand why he'd prefer to email Mallory over me! ;) ). The last I heard from Kyle was on the 10th, where he said he was waiting on accounting to cut the checks so he could mail them.

I just emailed him last night asking for an ETA. I hadn't bugged him yet about it so I figured we're allowed just once! :)

Just got my check! yay!

To summarize:
1/1 Applied for the rebate online
1/4 Received email saying $5,000 has been reserved for me
1/4 I mailed application in
1/6 Received Email saying they received application and approved it
1/24 Heard from Kyle that check was mailed today
1/25 Check received!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back