[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smkettner said:
Everytime I click on the CVRP site it seems a new Leaf is delivered to CA.
Agreed. There were 545 listed at 8:00 AM this morning. 4 hours and 40 minutes later there are 560. Either a few are being delivered today, or everyone suddenly decided to apply for their rebate.

Over the last 24 hours, the number of ZEV rebates from the CVRP fund has increased by 33. Sounds like quite a few Leafs being delivered!

Didn't Leon say recently that they had 18 Leafs show up at once? I think the cars in port are moving...

what happens if you apply for the rebate, go to the dealer, then the dealer cant deliver the car that day because of paperwork and a technical issue, such as carwings didnt work and it was not detailed clean?
you take delivery the next day.
do you void the CVRP application or is it OK?

thankyouOB said:
what happens if you apply for the rebate, go to the dealer, then the dealer cant deliver the car that day because of paperwork or technical issue, such as carwings wont work or it is not detailed clean?
Simple--take delivery first, then apply for the rebate.

Stoaty said:
thankyouOB said:
what happens if you apply for the rebate, go to the dealer, then the dealer cant deliver the car that day because of paperwork or technical issue, such as carwings wont work or it is not detailed clean?

seriously. has anyone run into this and had to work it out?

thankyouOB said:
Stoaty said:
thankyouOB said:

too late. I already got in the soup.
Finish the paperwork, then. If you buy it, you can turn in the proof you need. You don't have to take it home.

You can apply online once you sale is made, and the papers signed. After they accept the application, the signed application for rebate, copy of your contract, temporary DMV registration, and proof of california residency has to be mailed to get your check. I applied on March 23, with purchase date as April 15, they send me an email cancelling my application, and instructed me to apply again after taking possession.

For thosee trying to estimate when the fund will run out, here is some specific data with extrapolations (linear which is not going to happen and polynomial which may or may not reflect a production ramp):

cvrp1.jpg

At this point, IMHO May is safe and likely up to mid-June (figuring 1500 cars).

Long4Leaf said:
For thosee trying to estimate when the fund will run out, here is some specific data with extrapolations (linear which is not going to happen and polonimial which may or may not reflect a production ramp):

cvrp1.jpg

At this point, IMHO May is safe and likely up to mid-June (figuring 1500 cars).

great graph. are you including the extra $2M promised for this year?

Wow ! These guys are working on weekends ?! "Drawing money" out of the (remaining) fund(s) ?! I currently make updates once per week, as time allows that usually means late Friday/early Saturday. From Saturday 11:38am to now ... -3% .. another 39 LEAFs "down the drain" ?! I guess in the age of internet the "Currently Pending" being near real-time shouldn't surprise me :oops:

Looks like the CVRP rebates are going at about 25 ZEV per day right now. Over the last 4 days, ZEV rebates have increased by 99.

Stoaty said:
Looks like the CVRP rebates are going at about 25 ZEV per day right now. Over the last 4 days, ZEV rebates have increased by 99.
Hmm, that's appx a 35 day supply. Not good for "month of June" ETAs and even worse for "month of July" ETAs. Very unlikely that a month of July delivery will get the full rebate at this rate of delivery...

July 1 is the new fiscal year with probably changes to the rebate.
July 1 should also have new funding although it may not be immediate.

opencar said:

I expect the fund to run out at ~1500 ZEV's which includes the extra $2M.

Long4Leaf said:
opencar said:

I expect the fund to run out at ~1500 ZEV's which includes the extra $2M.

thanks for the clarification. my only comment would be that the polynomial extrapolation should become linear again once Nissan reaches steady state production numbers. i remember seeing that number in some press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back