Places to charge in San Francisco

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had not thought of a padlock. I think just making the charging cable difficult to take would be enough to secure it.

Dave

How is the progress on the 80 new docks that SF City Hall is installing in public parking garages? My wife and I want to take the LEAF up to SF next month to show it to some visiting east coast friends. But there is no way we'll make it back to SJ without a charge. Ideally, we'd do it while having dinner up in the city.

Well, we skipped taking the LEAF to visit our friends, but last weekend we drove up for some shopping at Union Square and a dinner in North Beach. We managed to get a charge at Montgomery Post Center (161 Sutter St.) but had to coerce the attendant to get the ICE car in the EV only space to move. Over 4 hours later, we were good to go for the evening. I also saw that a new station came on line at Ellis O'Farrell Garage so I checked it out. You enter on Ellis Street (in the 00 block, around 44 I think) to access the dock, near the waiting area. The attendant said they'd definitely move any ICE car that was there to make room. Said that they've seen a real pick up in business since installing the J1772. Still waiting for word on the Performing Arts Garage--maybe I'll write to them and ask.

Back