Poll : So what are you driving now?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your normal mode of travel is ..

• Walk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bike / MotorBike

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Public Transport

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Electric Car

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Sports Car

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Sedan

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • SUV/ Truck

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Jet (Larry Ellison only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Really ?!)

Votes: 12 11.7%

• Total voters

Crunchy

I currently drive a 2007 Prius, drive about 450 miles a week and spend around 30 bucks a week on gas. What about you guys? Has anyone estimated how much they'll save with the Leaf?

04 Hyundai Elantra. Great car, very reliable and easy to drive.

For short distances when the weather is nice, I ride my bike.

Our mayor Mcginn bikes to work every day. Wonder if any other major city mayor does that ...

valetbiking.jpg

My partner drives an '05 BMW 330 convertible (that may be traded for the Leaf). Avg mpg: 20.3.
I drive an '09 Ford Escape Hybrid. avg mpg: 32.5

2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, manual transmission. Avg mpg: 17.4 :shock:
1994 Honda Accord LX, manual transmission, driven 2-3 times a year

'09 Prius, 10KWh PHEV conversion,~80mpg...As this is the vehicle I would replace with the Leaf, will take some major reduction of my "range anxiety" to go with the Leaf.

A 650 hp (570 at wheels) Nissan GTR... Get about 17 mpg normally... Less than 4mpg on the track :/ it's not my main daily car though, I also have a VW golf gti that gets 28/34 ( obseved)

2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder. 15 mpg combined city/highway for my commute. Lots of noise, no need for added sound effects.

Interesting that many of us (the biggest group so far) seem to be car enthusiasts, not just green-energy types.

DeaneG said:
Interesting that many of us (the biggest group so far) seem to be car enthusiasts, not just green-energy types.

Oh, I'm a car enthusiast, sure enough.....just not when it comes to my commute - our garage contains two classic Minis (a saloon and a station wagon), a MGB, and a MBZ 450SL, along with the two Fords.

The Leaf commuting appliance will replace the Focus ZX3 commuting appliance, which is going to the wife's grandson, who has just received his learner's permit.

I wish I could afford to keep my Prius and get a Leaf. My boss plans to get a leaf to add to her current fleet, that includes a Ferrari, Bently and a vintage Corvette. :lol: I think there are a lot of car enthusiasts that want to check out this technology.

In a perfect world, I'd like 69 Hemi Roadrunner for weekend cruising. :twisted:

I'm definitely a bit put off to see cycling combined with with motorbiking! Why not also combine walking with helicoptering?

If the number of wheels is all that makes things similar, then all the cars listed should be in one group too, no?

I choose 'other' (really!)

~85% of my driving is on an electric motorcycle.
The rest is in a '97 VW Passat stationwagon with 394,000 miles and an average 40mpg.

Back