Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
State : CA
Metro area/city : SF Bay Area

Color/trim: Blue S
Options: Charge Package

Purchase or lease?: Lease

Dealer: Oakland Nissan

Delivery date: Aug 31, 2015

Plans for home charging: L1

Levenkay said:
It's like you're asking the patrons of "Bubba Jeb's Pour&Pees" if they think beer is a "Good ThingTM", you realize, posing that question here... :)

Browse this forum for a couple hours and you should turn up scads of discussions of the pros and cons of EV driving, and an appreciation for the differing priorities of EV drivers. One thing that's fairly telling, I think, is the huge disparity between folks reporting that they've been very pleasantly surprised by the EV experience, vs. those claiming to have been disappointed.

I took the offer and the dealer threw in premium package for free so the offer must not be that great ;). But it's a pleasant surprise to get free upgrade. So I am now a proud owner of a LEAF. Yay!

Metro area/city : San Francisco Bay Area

Color/trim: 2015 Morning Blue Nissan Leaf SL
Options: Premium
Accessories: Not sure

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37,540
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $26136 (including $5000 financing bonus)
Purchase or lease?: Purchase with 72 month financing

Date/time of reservation: August 31, 2015

Dealer: Nissan of Burlingame

Delivery date: 9/1/2015

Plans for home charging: L1 for now

bought a 2013 SV, 12k miles, black on black flawless from local dealer in Everett, WA. $8999. No evse in car, no SD card, no cargo cover. It was a lease return auction car from Georgia.
New SD card has to be replaced with new one from dealer. Ebay unlikley to work as card is cued to individual car VIN. Pain in ass and $300. Have to have it to operate everything properly. That's just for those that have same situation as me.
I also purchased JuiceBox charger with WiFi for home. A very very nice charger.

Picked up a 2015 Leaf SV yesterday. Traded in my old Subaru Forester so the Leaf is now my only car. I live 6 miles west of Boulder up Canyon and work blocks from both the 29th St DCQC and the Boulder Nissan DCQC, so pretty convenient. Feeling good about getting to Rollinsville (East Portal) and Brainard Lake in good weather from my home, hopefully winter as well. I have lots to learn and will do my best to search the forum and learn from everyone's past experiences.

State : Colorado
Metro area/city : Boulder

Color/trim: Gray
Options: SV with Quick Charge/LED pkg, also came with clear bra & tinted windows
Accessories: Splash Guards, Floor/Cargo Mats, Holo Kick Plates

Total MSRP+destination charge: 35,629.75
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 27,329.75
Total discount (or markup):8,300 (5000 via Nissan financing discount, 3,300 group buy discount)
Additional fees: 1,372.14 total for state, city, RTD, and title/filing emissions fees
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Dealer: Boulder Nissan

Delivery date: 09/19/15

Plans for home charging: Hoping to install 240v/40a L2 charger

Purchased a blue 2013 SV, qc port and led lights, 13.8k miles, $11,199 from Atlanta used car dealer "sight unseen" (internet pics only). Will get delivery to NC later this week for $200 transport fee.

dgpcolorado said:
mbender said:
...Who (else) hear thinks that, for whatever reason(s), early EV adopters might be better-than-average drivers?...
My insurance company (Electric Insurance), for one. They gave me an EV discount. And the cost was quite reasonable; I shopped around but the other big names couldn't beat it.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this dgpcolorado. I just bought a new leaf and compared Electric Insurance to my current insurer and others. They beat them all.

roguenode said:
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this dgpcolorado. I just bought a new leaf and compared Electric Insurance to my current insurer and others. They beat them all.
You're welcome. Nice to hear that someone else also found them competitive on rates (there are so many variables).

State : MD
Metro area/city : Washington DC

Color/trim: Glacier 2015 White SV
Options: Splash Guard, LED & Quick Charge, Floor Mats
Accessories:

Total MSRP+destination charge: $34,100.00 + $850.00 (destination) = $34,950.00

Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $24, 117.48

Total discount (or markup):
$5,832.52 (Dealer Discount) + $5,000 (Nissan Rebate) = $10,832.52 total discounts
$7,500.00 (Federal Incentive) + $3,000 (Maryland Incentive = $10,500.00 total government incentives
Total discounts and government incentives = $21,332.52 (They are giving these cars away!!)

Net Cost of Leaf = $13,617.48 + taxes and fees

Additional fees: $2,359.08 ($1,765.08 (taxes) + $594 (fees))

Purchase or lease?: Purchase 0% for 72 Months on OTD of $26,

Date/time of reservation: September 24, 2015 (purchased from stock on lot)
Designated order month:
First date able to request a quote (RAQ):
Actual order date (when quote was accepted):

Dealer: Darcars of Rockville MD

Delivery date: September 26, 2015

Plans for home charging: Level 2

Metro area/city : SF Bay Area

Color/trim: Red SV
Options: Premium Package, floor mats and cargo mat, hologram kick plates, cargo net, splash guards.

Purchase or lease?: Purchase (Financing thru NMAC to save the additional $5K)

Dealer: Walnut Creek Nissan

Delivery date: Sept 30, 2015

Plans for home charging: L2

MSRP: $35045.00
My Cost: $24325+tax and license

Net Cost after FTC & CA Tax Rebates around $16774

We went back and forth with one of our more local dealers and at one point had the price close to the above pricing - but then found out they were taking the $2500 CA tax rebate off in their pricing...No Thankyou

jdcbomb said:
Thanks for the feedback folks. This dealer I bought from in NC is basically buying all off lease great condition 2013 models. In one month alone they sold about 25 of these.

Apparently a ton of SLs only got everything else except the backup camera as it was not until 2014 the backup camera was standard. If you wanted a backup camera in the 2013 SL you had to fork over an extra 3 grand to get the "premium" tech package which included the all around camera + BOSE.

I've driven 800 miles on this thing (quite amazing in the quietness, power, and efficiency) and am happy to pay aftermarket to install a backup camera. Indeed there is an existing wire connection that would allow pretty quick install but still requires a new hatch handle and few other parts.

I just turned in my 2013 SL and it did not have a backup camera. I recall being disappointed about that fact when I leased. Anyways, my residual on that deal was 18.5k. They offered is a 6k reduction. I considered that carefully given the low miles on the car but eventually turned it in. The new car discounts are to good to pass up.

I too was able to purchase a 2015 Leaf SV with premium package for 24325+ tax and license. The trick was that that the dealer has to apply three $500 rebate coupons to the leaf but all dealers seem to have these coupons available. My dealer did not know about them until he contacted Nissan and then was happy to complete the deal with no haggling. Nissan indicates the $5000 rebate 0.00% interest expires Oct 5th so we will see what happens then. You can reach the internet dealer Brian Arruda (who was perfect to work with) at " wecare at futureautomotivegroup dot com". I also worked with Leo Stefani at walnut creek honda (who was helpful) but we ended up $1000 higher since he said he only has one (not three) $500 rebate coupons available at the moment) he can be emailed at "Leo dot Stefani at autocomnissan dot com". I did run into several internet sales managers who played games and would not give quotes so finding Brian Arruda was a blessing :) In fact everyone one at Future Nissan was really great especially Melissa Hippo who spent an hour showing me the features of the car after the deal was done.

Metro area/city : Folsom

Color/trim: Black SV
Options: Premium Package, floor mats and cargo mat, hologram kick plates, cargo net, splash guards.

Purchase or lease?: Purchase (Financing thru NMAC to save the additional $5K and get %0.00 interest)

Dealer: Future Nissan of Folsom

Delivery date: Oct 1st 2015

Plans for home charging: L2

MSRP: $35045.00
My Cost: $24325+tax and license

Net Cost after FTC & CA Tax Rebates around $17,400 (9.5% sales tax in my home area)

Metro area/city : Orange, CA

Color/trim: Silver S
Options:
Accessories:

Total MSRP+destination charge: 30K+
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $20640
Total discount (or markup): over 10K
Additional fees: 0
Purchase or lease?: Purchase Loan at 0% with Nissan, 23K, after 7500 federal and 2500 Cali rebate - 13K out the door.

Date/time of reservation:
Designated order month:
First date able to request a quote (RAQ):
Actual order date (when quote was accepted):

Dealer: Stadium Nissan

Delivery date: 10.22.2015

Plans for home charging: Still in the works

Courtesy Nissan, Tampa FL
Worked with Matt Lorenz in their Internet sales group.

New 2015 SL in Cayane Red, with the mats, splash gaurds, and hologram kick plates. Plus destination.

MSRP: $36,470
Leased

Gross Capitalized cost: $22309
Included tax on cap reduction from Nissan, fees, etc.

Residual: 10,576.30

36/12,000
Monthly: $349.78
First month paid at signing.

So since I paid the first month at signing folks say it was not zero down. But since lease payments are made in advance, it makes sense that the first payment should be due at signing. I see no reason the first payment should be capitalized or treated any differently from the others. For comparison purposes add about $10 to my number for a nothing due at signing lease.

This is my second Leaf. I returned a 2012 SL when I picked up the new one. The Guess-o-meter said 111 miles this morning. Viva the new battery.

dkemme said:
Purchased from the lot

Metro area/city : Greeley

Color/trim: New 2015 Gun Mettallic/SL
Options: Premium, Splash Guards, Mats Foor and Cargo
Accessories: Dealer Theft protection (whatever that is)

Total MSRP+destination charge: $38,257.00
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $29,443.70
Total discount (or markup): $8,813.3
Additional fees: Taxes $2,189
Purchase or lease?: Purchase, Nissan financing, 0% down, 6yr 0% APR

Dealer: Greeley Nissan

Delivery date: 8/14/15

Plans for home charging: L2 JuiceBox GRN 40

I had been planning on purchasing using https://www.fightingchance.com suggestions at the end of the month but one of the dealers I had previously emailed sent me a message asking if I was still interested and gave me the above price, I bought it that evening.

After the Federal and State Tax rebates of about $12,700, I just purchased a new EV vehicle for $18,930 (taxes included) with 0% down and 0% APR for six years ($439/month). I forgot to take a check to the dealer but didn't even need it!

Something doesn't add up with your math. Zero interest loan, $439/mo x 72 months is $31,608.

Flyct said:
dkemme said:
Purchased from the lot

Metro area/city : Greeley

Color/trim: New 2015 Gun Mettallic/SL
Options: Premium, Splash Guards, Mats Foor and Cargo
Accessories: Dealer Theft protection (whatever that is)

Total MSRP+destination charge: $38,257.00
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $29,443.70
Total discount (or markup): $8,813.3
Additional fees: Taxes $2,189
Purchase or lease?: Purchase, Nissan financing, 0% down, 6yr 0% APR

Dealer: Greeley Nissan

Delivery date: 8/14/15

<span>Plans for home charging: L2 <a href="http://emotorwerks.com/products/online-store/?partner_id=903" class="interlinkr" target="_blank">JuiceBox</a> GRN 40</span>

I had been planning on purchasing using https://www.fightingchance.com suggestions at the end of the month but one of the dealers I had previously emailed sent me a message asking if I was still interested and gave me the above price, I bought it that evening.

After the Federal and State Tax rebates of about $12,700, I just purchased a new EV vehicle for $18,930 (taxes included) with 0% down and 0% APR for six years ($439/month). I forgot to take a check to the dealer but didn't even need it!

Something doesn't add up with your math. Zero interest loan, $439/mo x 72 months is $31,608.

His/her math is fine. He/she is financing the "total quote/price accepted $29,443.70" plus "taxes $2,189" and pocketed the rebates (which are paid to the owner).

11/2/2105, Sutherlin Nissan, Fort Myers, Florida
2015 SL MSRP $38,305 on Factory Window sticker.
Options on sticker were;
Pearl White
Floor mats and cargo mat
Splash guards
Premium package ( Bose stereo and 360 camera)
Destination charge

Paid ; $31,143.90 out the door, all taxes, tags, title fees, rebates and dealer discounts etc included, does not include $7,500 tax credit.

Note; Financed with NMAC at 3.99%. At closing the sleazy dealer told us that 0% plus the cash rebate was not available. After deal the next day the dealer claimed if I wanted the 0% I would need to pay them an additional $2,000. I paid the loan off 5 days after purchase. I hate car payments.

State : Maryland
Metro area/city : Rockville

Color/trim: 2015 Black/SL
Options: Splash Guards, Floor Mats and Cargo Mat, Premium Package (Around view monitor, BOSE audio system)
Accessories: N/A

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37910
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $33474
Total discount (or markup): $5000 Nissan Cash Back Incentive and 0% 6-year financing
Additional fees: $2160 for taxes, title, registration
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Dealer: Darcars Nissan

Bottom line after federal tax credit, state rebate:
$30634 (amount financed) - 7500 (federal tax credit) - 2000 (PA rebate) = $21134

I also had to hire a car transport to deliver the car to me in Pittsburgh, PA (where I live), but that only cost me another $200. I purchased the car sight unseen over the phone/internet without having to step foot into the dealership, with all the paperwork fed-exed. Purchased last month (October 2015).

Back