Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafygreen said:
earther, I was curious why you did not go with Cardinale in Seaside? I saw in another thread that they were offering $1k off of msrp, yet I haven't seen anyone post in this thread that they purchased there.

I had heard their -$1k offer as well. However, when I spoke to them on the phone about it before formally requesting a quote through the system, they said they were going strictly by MSRP. The fact that they were "backtracking" gave me some pause, moreover the Boardwalk dealership's discount ended up being more than $1k off anyway :)

earther said:
I had heard their -$1k offer as well. However, when I spoke to them on the phone about it before formally requesting a quote through the system, they said they were going strictly by MSRP. The fact that they were "backtracking" gave me some pause, moreover the Boardwalk dealership's discount ended up being more than $1k off anyway :)

Looking at the sales tax you paid it looks like the purchase price was $18300. That's quite a discount.
Either that or you accidentally bought a Versa :)

earther said:
Sales Tax (9.25%) = $1694

I've played the game a little differently since I'm in no hurry to get the leaf. I didn't discuss prices with a dealer at all and was just curious what numbers would pop out of the system. So, I selected a dealer in my area and added $250 in options.

The first quote came at $429/month with $7929 down payment. 39/month term with 15k miles annual. I was a little shocked at the numbers but I think I get the numbers. $7929 is $7500 + $429. No big deal. But $429/month seemed high. So I rejected the quote, had it sent back to dealer with a new quote asking for 36 months and 12k miles/year. Also sent email to dealer asking for an explanation on the numbers.

I have have not received an explanation yet but I did receive a new quote with the 36month/12k term.

Here is a screen shot:

$2000/month quote! by chuffpdx, on Flickr

So, initial $8565 payment + 36*$2000 = ~$80,565 !!

Something is wrong obviously and the dealer hasn't been helpful in explaining how these numbers come about.

For now I'm staying away.

chuffpdx said:
For now I'm staying away.

Life is too short to mess with dealers that don't get it...Time to refuse the quote and go elsewhere for a better deal. There's plenty of dealers out there who will do you up right....And, the sooner you get the quote worked up and accepted, the better it will be for those who are waiting to get a RAQ email... :)

chuffpdx said:
I've played the game a little differently since I'm in no hurry to get the leaf. I didn't discuss prices with a dealer at all and was just curious what numbers would pop out of the system.
And how'd that work out for you?

chuffpdx, call a dealer that people on this forum have had good success with. Rairdon is close enough to you that you could have it shipped to Portland for free, I think. If you are really interested in getting a Leaf, give them a call and at least understand what good lease numbers look like.

The $429 wasn't too far off the mark for that lease, assuming no sales tax.

If you really don't want the Leaf, get your $99 back and let someone who does want one get theirs that much sooner.

indyflick said:
chuffpdx said:
I've played the game a little differently since I'm in no hurry to get the leaf. I didn't discuss prices with a dealer at all and was just curious what numbers would pop out of the system.
And how'd that work out for you?

It's working fine for me, not sure if you are trying to be snarky. Like I said, I'm just testing dealers and I'm not in a rush.

chuffpdx said:
It's working fine for me, not sure if you are trying to be snarky. Like I said, I'm just testing dealers and I'm not in a rush.

As you can understand people who haven't been allowed order one would be somewhat less than enthusiastic about this approach ....

Boomer23 said:
chuffpdx, call a dealer that people on this forum have had good success with. Rairdon is close enough to you that you could have it shipped to Portland for free, I think. If you are really interested in getting a Leaf, give them a call and at least understand what good lease numbers look like.

If you really don't want the Leaf, get your $99 back and let someone who does want one get theirs that much sooner.

I'm interested in a leaf but the lease rates from advertised to actual are quote bloated.

chuffpdx said:
I'm interested in a leaf but the lease rates from advertised to actual are quote bloated.

I think it is best to get a sales price figure now - before buying you can get them to figure out the lease numbers (based on your credit rating at that time). That is what I plan to do ...

chuffpdx said:
Boomer23 said:

Rairdon's will save you quite a bit on your monthly lease payment...I'm expecting TOTAL (including my city/state taxes of 9.3%) monthly payment around $360 or so for the SL-eTec.

evnow said:
chuffpdx said:

I think it is best to get a sales price figure now - before buying you can get them to figure out the lease numbers (based on your credit rating at that time). That is what I plan to do ...

I was going to do that too, but one of the dealers on here said it would be better to get the actual lease deal, so I changed my mind and am going to ask for the lease monthly payment minus my taxes here in AZ.

evnow said:
chuffpdx said:

As you can understand people who haven't been allowed order one would be somewhat less than enthusiastic about this approach ....

I think you can understand that we're all in the 2011 delivery boat by now. I don't think anyone would be in a rush when they get quoted at $1999/month lease rates. It's just a car and I didn't set the order process, but I apologize if my less than enthusiastic approach has annoyed anyone.

leaffan said:
I was going to do that too, but one of the dealers on here said it would be better to get the actual lease deal, so I changed my mind and am going to ask for the lease monthly payment minus my taxes here in AZ.

I think it makes sense in your case - since I'm buying local & I've not 100% decided on the lease it was better for me. Besides I wanted to get it done quickly ...

If you are annoyed with anything, it should probably be with Nissan's "variable", unexplained ordering "plan". But, they still have to sell the LEAFs they make to somebody.

Possibly the Japanese mentality (and thus planning) just did not anticipate so many "Reservations" to NOT order "promptly", or possibly not even become RAQs or Orders.

Give them a chance to catch their breath and make this work for all of us.

garygid said:
Possibly the Japanese mentality (and thus planning) just did not anticipate so many "Reservations" to NOT order "promptly", or possibly not even become RAQs or Orders.
I'm fairly sure that the whole reservation & ordering process has been devised & run from TN - not Japan.

Ordered Blue SL today with quick charge port, carpeted mats, protection package and cargo net from North Bay Nissan and received 5% off MSRP.

Back