Power Steering Works Intermittently... ideas?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
Assuming that all dealerships follow best practices is naive at best. In the case of Nissan dealerships it's...misguided.

LOL

I have to ask you. what dealer screwed you over so badly that you have acquired this completely negative view point on EVERYTHING!

You might want to ask your dealer how they handle "their" batteries.

I did and I have yet to find a dealership that "has" batteries. EVERY SINGLE one of them told me that the batteries they sell are NOT owned by them. The batteries are there on consignment and are owned by the company that supplies the batteries and EVERY SINGLE BATTERY is swapped out on a regular basis.

Two say that the batteries are swapped out every single week.

Now have to admit this info is a few years old so it could be different now but since lead acid battery chemistry changes soooo "rapidly" you might be on to something!

I have to ask you. what dealer screwed you over so badly that you have acquired this completely negative view point on EVERYTHING!

Try reading the relevant posts on this site, including the new topic today about a dealership who lied or was dead wrong about the capacity warranty and then lied about ever having seen the car. Me, I try to avoid dealerships, but one of the two times I had my Leaf serviced by one, they lied about replacing the cabin filter (the new one was still sitting in the car in the box) and "misplaced" my snow tires when they put the Summer tires on. This is pretty typical stuff. I don't know if your Pollyanna attitude is from extremely good luck or if you've found that Nissan treats you better when you go to bat for them, but fortunately I don't think you'll have much luck convincing people here that the sun always shines at Nissan dealerships.

LeftieBiker said:

Try reading the relevant posts on this site, including the new topic today about a dealership who lied or was dead wrong about the capacity warranty and then lied about ever having seen the car. Me, I try to avoid dealerships, but one of the two times I had my Leaf serviced by one, they lied about replacing the cabin filter (the new one was still sitting in the car in the box) and "misplaced" my snow tires when they put the Summer tires on. This is pretty typical stuff. I don't know if your Pollyanna attitude is from extremely good luck or if you've found that Nissan treats you better when you go to bat for them, but fortunately I don't think you'll have much luck convincing people here that the sun always shines at Nissan dealerships.

so a cherrypicked scenario is your reason for discounting everything? Lets turn this to something that has been a perfect consumer's experience for all. I will start.

Ok, your turn.

Back