Private screening - 'Revenge of the Electric Car'

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Invitation to a reception, followed by a private screening of Chris Paine's film, 'Revenge of the Electric Car'. I'm told that there are 30 pairs of tickets available, and this is going to be in Santa Monica, at the TWBA\Chiat\Day offices.

You're invited. Attend an exclusive movie screening courtesy of Nissan LEAF™

As a Nissan LEAF™ owner, you get rewarded every day for choosing this 100% electric car.
now, we want to reward you again with an invitation for you and a guest to an exclusive screening
with the press of Revenge of the Electric Car on October 19. This film features the Nissan LEAF™
and other electric vehicles. during the pre-screening reception, meet Chris Paine, the director of the film, and chat with fellow enthusiasts. We will also have a portable quick charger available so you can charge up. the reception starts at 5:00 p.m., and the screening is at 7:00 p.m.

There are a limited number of spots available, so be sure to RSVP by calling 1-877-no-gas-ev (664-2738), and pressing #4 from the menu to reserve your spot.* And if you’re unable to attend, Nissan would like to invite you and a guest to instead see the film at the Landmark Nuart in Santa Monica, beginning October 21. Tickets are limited, so RSVP by calling the same number as above.

INNOVATION FOR THE PLANET. INNOVATION FOR ALL. NISSAN LEAF™

*Limited number of tickets available. Limit one pair of tickets per person. RSVPs are based on first-call basis to secure tickets. Hours to RSVP are 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri and 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. EST Sat.

http://links.vigoratedigital.mkt4146.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MjA3MDYzNQS2&r=MzEyNzgzNDYwNQS2&j=MzIzNDI0ODQS1&mt=1&rt=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I called this morning. They filled up the first screening but now are offering the free tickets to see the movie in Santa Monica on the 21st or after...

Pretty cool of this being done for Leaf owners. I have not heard of it being done for Volt owners even tho they are one of the "main characters".

Storyline
Revenge of the Electric Car presents the recent resurgence of electric vehicles as seen through the eyes of four pioneers of the EV revolution. Director Chris Paine (Who Killed the Electric Car? 2006) has had unprecedented access to the electric car research and development programs at General Motors, Nissan, and Tesla Motors, while also following a part time electric car converter who refuses to wait for the international car makers to create the electric cars the public demands. As more models of electric cars than ever before start to arrive in showrooms and driveways across the world, Chris Paine's film offers an inspiring, entertaining and definitive account of this revolutionary moment in human transportation. Revenge of the Electric Car follows these auto makers as they race each other to create the first, best, and most publicly accepted electric cars for the new car market. Written by Michelle Kaffko

chris1howell said:
I managed to get a pair as well for the 19th. I called at 630am Saturday morning.

Me too, I think, at least they asked which screening I wanted and I asked for the 19th. They took my address, so I'm expecting an invitation. I called at about 7:40 am today.

Thanks mwalsh for prompting me on this.

scottf200 said:
Pretty cool of this being done for Leaf owners. I have not heard of it being done for Volt owners even tho they are one of the "main characters".

Yes, it's part of the events that Nissan is hosting around the time of National Plug In Day, I believe.

There is some confusion about where....it's didn't mention a location in the invitation. I know it's at TBWA\Chiat\Day because I've been in contact with Tim Gallagher over at Nissan. This will either be confirmed in further communication, or I'll get hold of Tim and reconfirm. So is there anyone else from the board other than myself, Kat, and Phil for the private viewing on the 19th? Maybe contact me by PM so we can set up a notification system.

There was a private screening last Thursday night. I think that might have been for select Volt owners.

mwalsh said:
There was a private screening last Thursday night. I think that might have been for select Volt owners.

Oh yes, I see that now on some Facebook post. It appeared the Nissan screening was going to included more regular owners but then I don't know you guys (ie. your selectiveness or however that would be put). Looking forward to the movie and hope a lot of non-EV folks watch it to help with the myths.

Saw a review here: http://solarpowerelectriccars.blogspot.com/2011/04/revenge-of-electric-car-review.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edmunds Insideline video from the event. Good to see lots of MNL members featured!

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/leaf/nissan-leaf-owners-gather-for-early-screening-of-revenge-of-the-electric-car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
Edmunds Insideline video from the event. Good to see lots of MNL members featured!

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/leaf/nissan-leaf-owners-gather-for-early-screening-of-revenge-of-the-electric-car.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agreed, I was surprised to see this. Nice, though brief coverage, but overall, a good positive review of the event. Of course, the haters are out in force in the comments section. They're best ignored, I think.

Boomer23 said:
Agreed, I was surprised to see this. Nice, though brief coverage, but overall, a good positive review of the event. Of course, the haters are out in force in the comments section. They're best ignored, I think.

Yeah, I agree. I was going to post a response, but then thought f**k 'em.

Back