Problem Fast Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsilgnede

Hi all,

A year in and I've had no issues till two weeks ago when this happened.

http://youtu.be/JttolcoZU28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The charger reads the card to give me access to it, then tries to initialize and then fails. I saw this first at a charger near where I live and then the same thing happened at the charger shown in the video.

The chargers are relatively new models - the one in the video is < 6 months old and they are being rolled out across Ireland. I have used this charger and others like it many times in the past.

When this happens the support company had to send an engineer on to the site to physically reset it, they couldn't do it remotely. Also, the charger is down for other users until its been physically reset. But when I revisit the charger, the same thing happens again.

The support company thought it was my car, perhaps not unreasonably as it happened twice in 40 mins on two different chargers so they asked me to take the car to the dealership. I did that, they checked it and found no issue. They also charged it on their fast charger which is the same make and model as the one in the video, at least as far as I can tell.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I am aware of one other guy with a similar issue in Ireland. It only happens to him at one particular charger and its been going on for him for about two months.

Not sure if it is the same, but I have experienced something like this at the dealer's DCQC here in San Diego a few times. They have the Nissan charger. I would plug it into my car and press start. The unit would not sync with the car and eventually get an Error message. I would Unplug it and try again. After a couple of times it would finally work. Once, however, I never did get it to work. I was thinking that it was my car, but one day when I did get it to work after a few times trying, then next car after me had the same experience. I helped her plug, unplug, reset a few times and it finally worked for her also.

It has been a few months since this happened so maybe the problem with the charger got fixed.

Hope this helps.

Back