Question for SF Bay Area ECOtality EV Project Participants

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

For those of you that ordered in the September/October time frame and were accepted into the program I'd like to know if you were able to select the SL-e trim level or if you had to order an SL with the quick charge option.

If you ended up with an SL and the quick charge option, what is your understanding about how you will be reimbursed for the $700 quick charge port. Will Nissan or ECOtality reimburse you, and will they reimburse you for your total cost of $764.75 (charger cost + tax) or just the $700?

If you are just getting the $700 how do you feel about having to pay the sales tax for participating in the program while ECOtality participants in other regions did not have to pay the tax? The original offer was for a "Complimentary" quick charge port, and no mention was the requirement to pay sales tax on that port.

Here is the text of the original February 9th offer for SF bay area Leaf owners:

we have some exciting news!

Recently the Bay Area Air Quality Management District announced that it would participate with ECOtality and the US Department of Energy (DOE) to bring The EV Project to the Bay Area.

As a result, you could qualify to receive a Blink™ Residential EV charging station (EVSE) and a credit of up to $1,200 toward its installation. That also includes receiving a complimentary DC Fast Charge port on your Nissan LEAF™.

But more importantly, the data collected from this project will foster the historic expansion of EV infrastructure throughout the entire country — and you'll be helping.

As this is a limited-time offer, please call 877-NO-GAS-EV or join the Nissan LEAF™ live chat soon to see how you can qualify.

Your thoughts?

Nissan will send you a 700 check. At least that is what happened to me.

OrientExpress said:
For those of you that ordered in the September/October time frame and were accepted into the program I'd like to know if you were able to select the SL-e trim level or if you had to order an SL with the quick charge option.

If you ended up with an SL and the quick charge option, what is your understanding about how you will be reimbursed for the $700 quick charge port. Will Nissan or ECOtality reimburse you, and will they reimburse you for your total cost of $764.75 (charger cost + tax) or just the $700?

If you are just getting the $700 how do you feel about having to pay the sales tax for participating in the program while ECOtality participants in other regions did not have to pay the tax? The original offer was for a "Complimentary" quick charge port, and no mention was the requirement to pay sales tax on that port.

Here is the text of the original February 9th offer for SF bay area Leaf owners:

we have some exciting news!

Recently the Bay Area Air Quality Management District announced that it would participate with ECOtality and the US Department of Energy (DOE) to bring The EV Project to the Bay Area.

As a result, you could qualify to receive a Blink™ Residential EV charging station (EVSE) and a credit of up to $1,200 toward its installation. That also includes receiving a complimentary DC Fast Charge port on your Nissan LEAF™.

But more importantly, the data collected from this project will foster the historic expansion of EV infrastructure throughout the entire country — and you'll be helping.

As this is a limited-time offer, please call 877-NO-GAS-EV or join the Nissan LEAF™ live chat soon to see how you can qualify.

Your thoughts?

Im not in the bay area, so my situation may not apply, but I talked to CS and they said they would send a check to my dealer and they would take it out of my lease price. That should include the tax for the QC port too I believe.

I am in the process of dealing with this.
I had ordered an SL with QC option (not SL-e since it wasn't available in SF bay area), so the option price was added to my quote. When I got accepted to EVproject, I asked Ecotality how to get the QC covered... First question I asked was "can I change the order to SL-e, and get a new quote"... Basic answer was "no, leave it as is, and have it refunded." They said the dealer should do that for me. But the dealer insisted that they aren't refunding any QC options even for EVproject, and that I should be asking Nissan corporate for the refund. At the moment I have a verbal from Nissan corporate that they will be sending me a $700 check. It is a shame that I had to pay sales tax, and increased reg fees since the dealer wouldn't discount it, but on the other hand we should be grateful that EVproject came to our area just in time.

What I am more concerned about is lack of L3 infrastructure. What good is the QC port if there is no where to use it? EVproject was supposed to be rolling them out now. The car has far less utility for me if I can't do quick charges to hop out of the Valley sometimes. I hope they put L3 in San Jose and San Francisco at a minimum, and perhaps somewhere along the Peninsula.

Are there people who didn't order the QC option at all, but still got accepted into the EVproject? If so, what is happening with them?

It's another example of Nissan's reactionary rather than proactive management of the entire process. Be glad we get the money but they are not going to pay the tax.

TEG, it is my understanding that to be in the EV Project, you have to have the QC port. So, I was lucky that I had ordered it with the car originally.
It wouldn't be a problem for those who haven't ordered their cars yet, but I could be misinformed.

so, just to be clear, we'll have to individually contact nissan corporate directly to get the $700 back? how did you accomplish this? via the on-line chat?

i am in the same boat here.

I had used live chat, but I had better luck calling the customer service number. Just tell them that you want them to send the money to your dealer so they can take it off the cost of the car.

In Oregon the dealer know we were in the program and the only car he could order for us the Nissan LEAF™ ETEC.
Our charger was installed yesterday and all want VERY well.

sdbmania said:
I had used live chat, but I had better luck calling the customer service number. Just tell them that you want them to send the money to your dealer so they can take it off the cost of the car.

I received my LEAF on 4/19, and called the CS number on 4/22 to ask about the 700$ refund for QC. They had all the info on my purchase and verified certain info with me (usual name, address, phone email, type of LEAF, dealer address, VIN#) to create my file. I received a confirmation number and was told it will take up to 30 days to get the $700 check. If the check does not arrive, then to call back with confirmation number.

Back