Quick way to go from 80% to 100% on S?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatveg

Hi guys, I have a 2013 S -- so no Carwings or app or navigation.

I generally have it set to 80% charging through the dash menus.

If I have it charged to 80%, but want to charge to 100% for a single trip, is there a quick way to do it as a one-off? Or do I have to go through the menus, set to 100%, charge, set it back again.

I've checked the manual but haven't found anything interesting...

Thanks! Chris.

There are two ways to set the 13MY (any grade) to charge to 80%.
1. Enable long life mode in the menu
2. Set the timer to charge to 80%
The override switch will only override the timer, not the long life mode setting.

kovalb said:
1. Enable long life mode in the menu
2. Set the timer to charge to 80%
The override switch will only override the timer, not the long life mode setting.

Actually this not true on the S. You have to through the menus. There is nothing called "long life mode" on the 2013 S. However the menus are not complicated. Takes me about as much time to change from 100 to 80 on my S as on my wife's SV (which does have "long life mode")

Phatcat73 said:
There's a timer override button near the charge port door release button on my SV. Does the S have one?
Yes,but it only overrides the timer on the S, not the 80%.

kovalb said:
Wrong. There is only one way to set the 80% limit on the S model, and it is the one not associated with the timer.

fatveg said:
If I have it charged to 80%, but want to charge to 100% for a single trip, is there a quick way to do it as a one-off? Or do I have to go through the menus, set to 100%, charge, set it back again.
On the S model you have to go through the two-button "trip computer" interface both ways as you say, and I agree it's a pain, especially the part about remembering to reset it afterword.

Ray

He's right, you have to go through the whole button pushing sequence. It really isn't that bad though. doesn't take all that long.

stjohnh said:
Actually this not true on the S. You have to through the menus. There is nothing called "long life mode" on the 2013 S. However the menus are not complicated. Takes me about as much time to change from 100 to 80 on my S as on my wife's SV (which does have "long life mode")
I stand corrected.

smkettner said:
I was constantly adjusting my timer to 100% and just gave up and now leave it at 100%.
On your 2011? When I had mine, if I wanted 100% at home (which was usually where I wanted it) I just hit the override button and figured that ending early in the middle of the night wouldn't be too bad, and would give the cells a chance to balance. If I wanted 100% at a public or dealer charging station, I turned off the timer, which was something like three or four "pokes". Three or four more would turn the timer back on.

Ray

Back