Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn (WA) $100 below Dealer Invoice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QueenBee said:
Gonewild said:
He is not busy he in unemployed!

Todd is doing his job and rather poorly at bests. He will take a call if he does not have a costumer on the grounds he can sell something to he is not like Greg who would take all calls.

Oh really?? That's too bad Greg seemed good from the emails and couple calls I had with him when I placed my order a few months ago.
Good luck getting the deal Greg posted. If you lease they want a large chuck of the money back through the art of money factor MARK UP

Other dealers sold that Leafs with a smaller discount. But stood by it and gave leases of the Nissan 4.9% money factor rate of .00204

What good is it to get the GREAT PRICE on the car with near $1,500 off MSRP and then the dealer adds about 2% to the money factor and gets $1,500 back over the 3 year lease.

Only a dealer/car salesman can tell who got a great deal you or the dealer?

For what it is worth, here is my experience. I asked for the price of a 36 month lease with one extra condition, I wanted to pay for the whole lease at the time that I received the car. Although Greg had never heard of it, it is a standard lease available in the industry. There were back and forth emails between Greg and me but he never quoted me a price. I finally gave up and ordered from a local dealer, Avondale. Maybe I missed out on a good deal but I would not be comfortable with a company that does business this way.

Gonewild said:
What good is it to get the GREAT PRICE on the car with near $1,500 off MSRP and then the dealer adds about 2% to the money factor and gets $1,500 back over the 3 year lease.

Only a dealer/car salesman can tell who got a great deal you or the dealer?

Which is the reason I went with larger downpayment. This gives me back $1100 of the additional lease charge .

But the $2000 down would have cost me an extra $2500 which would have wiped out any savings

It still amazes me that, in this day and age of instant communication, dealers think that can pull things like this and that the word will not get out.

Gonewild said:

Gonewild said:

My lease quote from Rairdon is definitely for the 4.9%/0.00204 money fact sell rate.

QueenBee said:
Gonewild said:

My lease quote from Rairdon is definitely for the 4.9%/0.00204 money fact sell rate.
Can you post (or PM) the screen capture ?

QueenBee said:
Gonewild said:

What state do you live in WA? You plan to buy at the dealership as well?

DaveinOlyWA said:
Well for me I still save money on lease over tax credit but instead of making an extra $4000 it will only be an extra $2500
Did you check with NMAC on buyoff price ?

Since I find some of the information that has been posted disturbing, I hope that somebody can answer this question. Has anyone gotten a price from Rairdon for a purchase not a lease of a Leaf and if so how does it compare with MSRP?

Desertstraw said:
Has anyone gotten a price from Rairdon for a purchase not a lease of a Leaf and if so how does it compare with MSRP?
I feel like I'm missing the question. I believe everyone here has gotten an excellent purchase quote from Rairdon - way below MSRP (myself included). Or are you asking who has completed a purchase (not lease) transaction with Rairdon and how that ended up?

JasonT said:
Desertstraw said:
Has anyone gotten a price from Rairdon for a purchase not a lease of a Leaf and if so how does it compare with MSRP?
I feel like I'm missing the question. I believe everyone here has gotten an excellent purchase quote from Rairdon - way below MSRP (myself included). Or are you asking who has completed a purchase (not lease) transaction with Rairdon and how that ended up?
People have alleged in posts here that while Rairdon offers a low lease price for the Leaf, they then overcharge for the financing. This would make savings through leasing from them illusory. However, if they sell the car, they cannot slip in other charges. Therefore, the question relates to whether "$100 below invoice" is what they charge for purchase of the car without financing". This would be established if someone has gotten an official quote from them.

The dealer ratings that I find for Rairdon on the internet are mediocre. I also found this comment on http://www.yelp.com/biz/rairdon-auto-group-kirkland:
Woodinville, WA

4/2/2010
I used to work there and they got reported to the better business bureau quite a few times while I was there
John H.. They would change peoples interest rates and monthly terms while they were distracted. The managers have no qualms over telling you that you are signing at one interest rate when its a different interest rate all together. I have encouraged all friends and family not to buy a car from them....even when I was working there.

My position now is that I am uncertain as to whether this is an ethical dealership.

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Well for me I still save money on lease over tax credit but instead of making an extra $4000 it will only be an extra $2500
Did you check with NMAC on buyoff price ?
Have not talked to them specifically but oly dealer thinks u must simply make all the payments

Back