Random Beep when parked in garage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPWhite said:
My upgraded EVSE came back from California last night. It seems to be very well done, looks like it came out of the factory that way. I'll buy some adapters at the RV lot this weekend and go try it out in campgrounds/RV parks over the next few weeks.
Thanks! Many people tell us it actually looks more "factory" because we use a higher quality molded plug rather than the "home depot" screw-on plug it orignally ships with. We also pushed the J1772 standard to it's limits and give you the full 1 foot cable length, which helps when opportunity charging.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
JPWhite said:
Thanks! Many people tell us it actually looks more "factory" because we use a higher quality molded plug rather than the "home depot" screw-on plug it orignally ships with.

-Phil

Yeah I forgot the plug that came with it was like that, you are correct!!

Yep now it is 'more' weatherproof. Some of the adapters I'll get will have home depot plugs. Can they be weatherized easily?

JPWhite said:
Ingineer said:
JPWhite said:
Thanks! Many people tell us it actually looks more "factory" because we use a higher quality molded plug rather than the "home depot" screw-on plug it orignally ships with.

-Phil

Yeah I forgot the plug that came with it was like that, you are correct!!

Yep now it is 'more' weatherproof. Some of the adapters I'll get will have home depot plugs. Can they be weatherized easily?
Your best bet is to try and keep them out of the rain, especially because they are likely 240v. Most outdoor 240v outlets have a lid that covers the top, so usually that's good enough. If you didn't buy our molded pigtails (female) and are using a scerw-on, you could try caulking it with silicone, but I can't say you'll do any good, as the water can enter through the blade slots. If you expect water on a 240v adapter, at least tape up the joint between the adapter and the EVSE with some electrical tape.

-Phil

I was having the same issue and confirmed that my mysterious beep was being caused by an app called Greencharge which runs automatically every hour or so and queries for carwings charging updates.

Back