Real Leaf Accessory Photos

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so happy with my option selections so far. (No ECO package)

Anyone have good or bad comments on an actual production Leaf with the protection package?

jkyu99 said:
I ordered the Eco center console... oh my. Oh well, aftermarket will probably come up with a fix or one of you guys will figure it out. If it is just a decal, probably some way to get the decal off and the original plastic cleaned up.
You can ask your dealer to change the order if you don't yet have a VIN.

A few more photos...First, the trunk cargo organizer...It has two dividers that you can place in your choice of a few different slots, and there are carpeted covers with straps that cover the cargo container areas. Here it is in the house after unpacking it...

organizer.jpg

And here is a photo of the organizer installed with one of the seats folded down, illustrating the flat surface made by the seat, the "Hump", and the organizer...One thing, when you add the organizer, the EVSE can't hang in the back anymore because there isn't enough room. But it will fit in the organizer. Also, the cargo net is out once you use the organizer...

flat.jpg

Another photo that shows part of the cargo organizer and also the $28 rubber bumper protection strip that I just applied...

bumper.jpg

The protection strip has doublefaced industrial strength tape that you peel off and then slap 'er down. Well, maybe it was a little more precise than that. But you only have one chance to get it on straight....There's a little tiny mark in the center that you can line up. I used spacers to set it back a little and that worked out real well...

evnow said:
jkyu99 said:
I ordered the Eco center console... oh my. Oh well, aftermarket will probably come up with a fix or one of you guys will figure it out. If it is just a decal, probably some way to get the decal off and the original plastic cleaned up.
You can ask your dealer to change the order if you don't yet have a VIN.

Apparently not. My Dealer asked me to ask Nissan Chat.

Chat took down notes and said they would escalate to a supervisor. A response will take a few days.

They assured me it won't delay my order or slip my place in line.

I dropped the Protection Package (clear bra?) and added the splash guards, now that they are color-coordinated with Blue as well.

Randy said:
All set in the cargo organizer. Got the 120v EVSE, an extension cord, and my safety / emergency kits.... :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice-I may just spring for that organizer.
Thanks for sharing.
Has the Leaf lived up to your expectations??

So, the organizer would be easy to remove from the car ?

The only reason I'm holding back on the organizer is that once in a while I'd need a deep trunk - to keep suitcases and such.

It is definitely removable right now. They supplied a bag of hardware that gives me the impression that maybe it should be fixed in place, but there were no instructions and the Nissan website doesn't have them posted yet. So I'll hold onto the bag for later. It doesn't move around or vibrate, so I think it would be okay to leave as-is.

Gasmiser1,
The LEAF most definitely meets my expectations and MORE...It is better in many respects than I imagined it would be...Very glad I've made the purchase so far, and it's a ton of fun to drive...

Red Randy

+1 on what evnow asked about the ease of removing the cargo organizer when needed.

Can the carpeted covers be removed? I see a black strap that attaches them to the cargo organizer. I would like to be able to remove them when needed to put something in the organizer that is tall (taller than the covers), but I would still like to leave the organizer to protect the floor from getting wet (e.g. from potted plants). Thanks.

The black straps for the covers are screwed to the back of the organizer with coarse screws that are made for gripping plastic. I'd be afraid to unscrew and re-screw them too many times, but I think you could just lift up the covers and prop them up in the rear of the organizer for larger items. It shouldn't be a problem....

Randy said:
The black straps for the covers are screwed to the back of the organizer with coarse screws that are made for gripping plastic. I'd be afraid to unscrew and re-screw them too many times, but I think you could just lift up the covers and prop them up in the rear of the organizer for larger items. It shouldn't be a problem....

Thanks Randy. The reason I like the organizer is that looks like it will keep liquids out of the bottom of the cargo area. I would hate to find a gallon of milk that emptied into the cargo area on my way home from the grocery store :!: Is the organizer water tight, or are there holes for screws or other hardware on it that would allow liquids to get through?

Frank said:
I would hate to find a gallon of milk that emptied into the cargo area on my way home from the grocery store :!:

I used the latch thing on the EVSE backpack (still latched to the cargo area D-ring) to hold a grocery bag with a couple of quarts of motor oil in it upright. That worked pretty well. You could use one of those cheap carabiner clips attached to the D-ring for the same thing.

Randy said:
It appears to be watertight...

In the closed position, do you think it is strong enough to support a 85# Golden Retriever? Regardless, your pictures are great and I'm glad opted to order this sight unseen.

mwalsh said:
Frank said:
I would hate to find a gallon of milk that emptied into the cargo area on my way home from the grocery store :!:

I used the latch thing on the EVSE backpack (still latched to the cargo area D-ring) to hold a grocery bag with a couple of quarts of motor oil in it upright. That worked pretty well. You could use one of those cheap carabiner clips attached to the D-ring for the same thing.

Olive oil sure, but motor oil? In a Leaf, heresy, I say.

Back