Rear view camera option on SV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubear

A friend just ordered a Leaf SV, no Bose audio. He told me he ordered the rvc option. I did not know this option was available for the SV. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

As far as I know, it is not available on the SV. It is available on the S, but the SV and the SL only offer the AroundView monitor instead as part of the Premium Package.

I have a 2013 SV with Around View and Bose stereo, but no mention of "premium package." What else does that include? Also the car I test drove was an SV with rear view camera, not the Around View. Frankly, having tried both camera options, I heartily recommend the Around View, because the rear camera tends to make objects behind the car look *much* farther away!

The official answer to all such questions can be found here: 2013 Nissan LEAF Press Kit. Click the Specs tab at the top of the page, then you will be able to see every feature for every model, as well as all Options Packages detailed at the very bottom.

Personally, I think everyone should bookmark that page. I've looked at it dozens of times in the past six months.

As for your SV claim, Leftie, I'm almost positive you must have either been driving a S instead, or driving an SV with the All-Around configured so that you only saw the rear view. (Was it displayed on a small screen, or a big screen?) Neither the specs nor any other report here have mentioned an SV with a rear view only camera.

Ray

planet4ever said:
The official answer to all such questions can be found here: 2013 Nissan LEAF Press Kit. Click the Specs tab at the top of the page, then you will be able to see every feature for every model, as well as all Options Packages detailed at the very bottom.

Personally, I think everyone should bookmark that page. I've looked at it dozens of times in the past six months.

As for your SV claim, Leftie, I'm almost positive you must have either been driving a S instead, or driving an SV with the All-Around configured so that you only saw the rear view. (Was it displayed on a small screen, or a big screen?) Neither the specs nor any other report here have mentioned an SV with a rear view only camera.

Ray

Maybe it was an SV with the around view off. Um, why would anyone do that? For a bigger picture of the car behind you that you are about to back into? ;-)

Oh, and thanks for the link. I got the Premium package for free (they didn't have the un-optioned SV they promised me), and didn't even realize it.

Back