Remote climate control started on its own?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yortch

I'm a new owner of a 2013 Leaf SV. I've only had it for 10 days and love it so far. Last night around midnight before going to bed, the remote climate control was running and I did not request to have it started. I did not have the climate control timer enabled either. I park indoors so I really don't have a need for the timer and I have never enabled it from day 1. I do use the iPhone LEAF application a lot, primarily to check the SoC. I have had used the remote climate control about 3 times to warm up my car a few minutes before riding when I'm parked outdoors (away from home).

Coincidentally I had sent a request last night around 9:25pm before heading home and it did work, i.e. heating was on when I arrived to my car. Upon arriving home I put the car to charge. Around midnight before going to bed I checked the SoC through the iPhone app and even though I rarely check the 'climate' tab, I noticed it showed the option to "turn the climate control off" instead of "off". That concerned me, I was wondering if the app status was not up to date, but just to be sure I walked down to the garage and sure enough the climate was on. I unplugged the charger since it was already around 90% charged and that turned off the climate control. I had no idea how long it had been on. My suspicion is that I had mistakenly clicked on the option to turn climate control on instead of requesting an update and hoping it had only been on for a few minutes.

This morning after checking the climate control history (see below), it shows that it was turned off at 12:10am which is around the time I walked downstairs, but it shows that it was turned on at 10:09PM, which is what puzzles me. I'm pretty sure I did not mistakenly sent a request around that time. That was about 5-10 minutes after I arrived home and started charging. It almost seems as if it had resumed/queued up my earlier request to turn on the climate control on, although when I started charging I would have heard the climate turned on.

Has anyone have had a similar experience? If this doesn't reoccur I would blame this in user error (me), although it's possible there's a bug in the app. I'm using the latest version available (v2.2.2)

(1) Request I sent through iPhone app
Code:
Climate Control was turned on at Mar 24, 2013 9:25 PM
Note: Climate Control may have already been turned off. Please check your vehicle to be sure.

Climate Control is running on battery power, because external power supply is not available.
Climate control will run until you turn on the power switch (up to 15 minutes).

Request was received:
Mar 24, 2013 9:24 PM

Estimated driving distance with Climate Control turned off.
-Driving with Climate Control OFF
49 miles
-Driving with Climate Control ON
48 miles

Result:
OK

(2) I'm assuming this is when I started the car before heading home
Code:
Climate Control was turned off at Mar 24, 2013 9:26 PM
Note: Climate Control may already be ON. Please check the status of your vehicle.

Request was received:
Mar 24, 2013 9:26 PM

Result:
OK

(3) This is the mysterious request to turn it on:
Code:
Climate Control was turned on at Mar 24, 2013 10:09 PM
Note: Climate Control may have already been turned off. Please check your vehicle to be sure.

Climate control will run until you turn on the power switch (Up to 2 hours).

Request was received:
Mar 24, 2013 10:09 PM

Result:
OK

(4) This is when I walked down to the garage, the climate control was definitely on, even though it was slightly over the 2hr window after it was presumably turned on
Code:
Climate Control was turned off at Mar 25, 2013 12:10 AM
Note: Climate Control may already be ON. Please check the status of your vehicle.

Request was received:
Mar 25, 2013 12:10 AM

Result:
OK

Back