Renault chief Ghosn clings to China for electric car boost

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmondLeaf

China will save the electric car, Renault-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn predicts - and with it the vision of battery-powered motoring on which he has staked his credibility. Ghosn, who has ploughed a bigger share of his companies' cash into the technology than any other mass-market carmaker, struck a determinedly optimistic note as he released Renault's Zoe into a European market notable for its scarcity of electric car chargers and customers.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews&rpc=43

But electric cars must catch on much faster, some industry-watchers say, or risk failing completely.

What is this supposed to mean? I do not see any scenario that would take electric cars off of the table at this point. Sure, one might argue that they would remain a niche product and never reach mainstream. That is the worst-case scenario I can see. But I do not envision any scenario where they become non-existant again.

Back