Replacing the backlit plate area and window back lights with green ones?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you located? Check your state vehicle code first. In some states, it is illegal to display any color lights on the rear of a private vehicle other than white, amber, or red. Some states reserve green lights for emergency/security vehicles only. Since 9/11, I believe green is used by Homeland Security vehicles in many areas.

YMMV,
TT

Dreaderus said:
I live in Canada. pretty sure i could change the light around the plate I think.

I would check with your local constabulary. It seems that Canada is even more strict than the US when it comes to vehicle mods, and if you live in Quebec enforcement is particularly harsh (with their recent banning of "Hellaflush" vehicles on Quebec roads). I can't find the article now but I remember reading something about an Ontario-plated Hellaflush car being pulled over by the police basically the moment it entered the province, and the owner was forced to flatbed it out since he could no longer drive it on a Quebec highway.

Green lights are basically reserved for traffic signals. Kind of important, since it means "go", and I wouldn't want to hang a "go" signal on the back (or any part) of my vehicle while I'm stopped in foggy or inclement weather.

Back