Reservation deposit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPowers

Got a pleasant surprise today. I was looking at my American Express account online and there was a $99 credit form Nissan for the Reservation deposit I made back in May. Took them over a month to process the refund. But it is always a nice feeling to get the $99 back.

Wish I could get the AV site assessment fee back. That process and the $100 was throwing money down the drawn.

GPowers said:
GWish I could get the AV site assessment fee back. That process and the $100 was throwing money down the drawn.
That seems to be possible if you argue your case well. I received a rather astronomical estimate from both AV and ECOtality and Nissan CS was gracious enough to offer a refund of the inspection fee. To be fair, GM did not charge me anything for the inspection and Mitsubishi offered a free inspection as well. Good luck!

I saw this thread doing a google search looking to see who else is having problems getting Nissan to honor their refunds on LEAF reservations.

I've been trying to get a refund for my reservation with Nissan Canada for the past three weeks without success. The web site gives an error when I try to cancel and Nissan is unwilling to refund my money when I've contacted them through chat and through telephone. They say they are working on the problem but they can't estimate when I'll be able to get a refund and frankly I don't beleive them that it's being worked on. IS problems that are being worked on do not take three weeks to resolve, they take three hrs. What takes three weeks to resolve are IS issues that have been triaged as low priority and that are therefore not being worked on.

I'm such a huge proponent of electric power and a sale to me was in the bag but Nissan blew it, first by partnering with Aerovironment who blew off their appt with me after a took 1/2 day off work during a busy period to be there for the appointment (they didn't even call!), then by not having any knowledgable staff on hand to answer detailed questions on their cross-canada tour, and by putting interior finish materials in the car that just aren't good enough for a car that is $40,000+ out of pocketafter the gov't kicks in their $8500 credit (more fitting of a $20,000 car).

Now, dealing with them trying to get a refund on the reservation fee makes me think I've dodged the bullet in terms of avoiding a relationship with Nissan.

All I can suggest is that potential buyers beware when it comes to dealing with Nissan. For myself I'm confident I'll get my money back eventually though I wish I could be confident I won't have to take them to small claims court in order to do so (of course I'll be going after costs as well in that event).

eajohnson said:
I saw this thread doing a google search looking to see who else is having problems getting Nissan to honor their refunds on LEAF reservations.

I've been trying to get a refund for my reservation with Nissan Canada for the past three weeks without success. ....

I think most of the discussion in this thread is getting a refund after you have taken delivery.

Back