Sacramento - California Auto Museum group meet-up March 2nd

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump to check for more participants. I'm going to give the docent an estimated head count tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to join us even if you read this after I've submitted the count. It is just an estimate and everyone is welcome.

palmermd said:
bump to check for more participants. I'm going to give the docent an estimated head count tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to join us even if you read this after I've submitted the count. It is just an estimate and everyone is welcome.

May be there. Visiting family in Sacramento on Sat.

Looks like my odds of attending are now remote.

Thanks to the LEAFer (?) who has been updating the Vacaville DC info. It was reported still "down" last night, but I cant download status from plugshare at the moment.

As much a question of weather on the long drive south, than Vacaville, for me. I've done this trip twice now with some rain and temps in the high 70's, and realize the much longer the time spent (due to higher aero drag) in L2-RV-park-time would be if driving temps were much lower.

Sorry to miss the museum, and the "guess the gid" pool on my LEAF will have to be held on another date.

Since I seem to be one of the few warm-climate LEAFers who is not convinced I've seen significant range loss (as tested in my mountain driving conditions) I have my own guess ready...

Phoenix said:
Nozzle on QC is locked. Power switch is on at main panel
Don't count on QC-ing here to the event

And it sounds like you should make definite alternative charge plans. I just recieved this message:

...Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association

Web: http://www.SacEVA.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/gseaa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great news with an invitation: Vacaville has a new Fast DC charger in place. It is turned of until the ceremony on FRIDAY at 10AM...

The invitiation:

Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the new CHAdeMO DC Quickcharger!

Date: Friday, March 8
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Bella Vista Park and Ride Lot in Vacaville. (At Davis Street and Bella Vista Road.)...

We all had a good time. Lots of talking in the parking lot before going in. The Model S Performance edition was the one that garnered the most attention. We also had two roadsters, a Focus EV and six or seven Leafs.

Inside, we got a fantastic tour with our docent Neil. He really knows his vehicle history, and he did a great job relating it to the EV enthusiast. He showed us the 1912 Cadillac that spelled the end of the road for the original EV movement in the early days of the automobile. This was the first car with a delco starter, so you did not have to use the crank to start it yourself. He got to really show of the baker electric that they have, and the EV1 and the other newer EV's they have. Really cool to see these cars.

After-party at Pyramid alehouse was a hit.

Sorry I did not have a good camera, just my cell phone.....

20130302-212229.jpg

20130302-212334.jpg

20130302-212424.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who came out. It was nice to meet some new people and to catch up with some other EV friends. We'll have to do something like this again.

Michael: Thanks for organizing this, as well as the shuttle service for out-of-towners to charge at nearby parking lot. Car museum was fantastic with its variety of vehicles--thoroughly enjoyed it--not just EVs but also the microcars and old fashion classics.

Hello -- I'm a new Leaf owner in Sacramento interested in any activities around this magnificent car. I am just loving it. I've been doing research related to work to try to get recognition of how beneficial EV's are for reducing the water quality impacts of transportation. Not much out there. Anyway, look forward to meeting fellow Leaf owners.

Welcome! We do quite a few meetups on a somewhat regular basis so keep an eye out in this forum. Probably the next big (public) one is Roseville's Earth Day event in April...

Well you probably enjoyed Pyramid Brew house for the last time :) It closed down the following Monday

wow, that was a shocker. I guess not many people saw that coming. Wonder what happened. It has been very full every time I've visited. Certainly no lack of customers, must be some other reason for the closure.

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sacramento/Pyramid-Alehouse-in-Sacramento-closing/-/12969376/19172792/-/9ysmxv/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back